My Wedding, in Pictures! (and I added my save the date)

I'm getting married May 26, 2012 and it's starting to feel so real now. I've been engaged since November of 2010, so I've had a lot of time to brainstorm and plan out virtually every little detail.
Image
That was our Save The Date card.

Here are some of my "inspirations," mostly thanks to stumble upon. Seriously, if you're ever planning a party or celebration, Stumple Upon has the best decoration/food ideas in the world.

My colors are Green, Blue, and Yellow, in pastel like shades. Birds are also part of our theme, and it's an outdoor ceremony and reception in a park.

Anyways, pictures! (I need a pintrest account to organize all these I think)
Image

Image
I'm going to make something like that for my wedding favors.

I love the idea of using lemons/limes/apples
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
I'm telling myself the candy buffet is for all the kids who will be at my wedding but... that's a lie xD

What I'm MOST excited about, and a project I've already started is my bouquet.
Image
I'm making mine out of my vintage brooch collection, and my grandmothers have given me some of their brooches and it's going to be awesome, and it will never wilt away like real flowers. I'll probably have my brides maids carry sunflowes.

I'm going wedding dress shopping on the 26th, and I'm hoping to fine something lacey, at least the bodice if not the entire dress.
Image
I've fallen in love with this dress (though I'd wear a different sash), I love how vintage that lace looks, so if it doesn't fit me properly I may die on the spot.

My project today is figuring out wedding invitations. I have about 120-140 people invited to my wedding, and ordering invitations would cost a lot of money, so I think I'm going to DIY them, but man, all the invitation styles I like would be SO time consuming to make. Ryan and I are going to Germany for our honeymoon, so we're trying to DIY what we can and save money so we have more for our trip, but I don't know if this is something worth DIYing or not.

I like the look of lacey invitations, and they look pretty simple to make.
Image
Image

I'm pretty good with photo editing software, so the actual text should be simple. For those of you who like image editing, do you have any favorite cursive fonts? I'm about to start sifting through dafont.com on a quest xD
December 17th, 2011 at 08:29pm