Patagonia Or Bust; 18/12/11

Hi, Mibba!

So, yes, I got accepted. Accepted to what? Well, myself and my best friend have been selected to join a team of 23 young people from all over Wales to go over to Patagonia for eleven days. Before you start at me, this is a trip to raise money for charities, volunteer and promote the Welsh language.

As some of you may or may not know, there has been a Welsh colony in Patagonia called Y Wladfa since 1865. And there is still ancestory, landmarks and the language still standing. Around 25% speak Welsh as a first language and many more learning because it's cool to speak Welsh over there!

Okay, so myself and my friend are the only ones from our region (Powys) going. So, by falling into the footsteps of our other friends who went three years ago, we are going to be travelling to Patagonia to help in the orphanages, the Eisteddfod etc.

I can't explain just how excited I am!

This is going to be the best experience of my life, even better than the day I passed my CBT! I just can't believe I'm going. Hell, I can't believe I got accepted.

It isn't easy being English and living in Wales. I get a lot of stick from my family who still reside in England, but at least I made the effort to learn the language so many people quesiton why I speak!

Look at me now! I have thirteen GCSEs and I'm working at an A-grade A-Level in Welsh first language... And I'm going to Patagonia! How many people can say they've been given this opportunity? Yet, how many people would be willing to give up two weeks of their lives in order to help other people?

There's just one thing in the way... I have to raise £2100 by next October.

So, here's the beginning of my adventure before it even begins. Patagonia or bust, baby.

Fundraising ideas: 1088948239439239028329
Fundraising Budget: £0
Funds Raised: £20
Amount Of Times I've Wanted To Slap Sian: SYSTEM OVERLOAD!
December 18th, 2011 at 11:51pm