Patagonia Or Bust; 19/12/11

Has anyone read my article yet? It's called Patagonia - Little Wales Beyond Wales. I decided to do this piece of writing in order to prepare myself for the coming trip to Patagonia next October/November. I guess it was also to promote the small colony of brave Welsh emmegrants who powered through the tough patch of their lives to grow into a huge province.

I would really appreciate it if someone read the article and commented as, although I'm not entirely Welsh, it still means a lot to me as someone who's come to appreciate the country and our culture and language.

Okay, so Zelo was my first commenter on my line of journals that I will be posting in the next ten months before my adventure truly does begin. This may not sound relevant, but, please, bear with me.

So, I recieved a comment from Zelo and I was pleasently surprised at the support she showed me! Isn't it strange how people who don't have a clue who you are or what you do, or even if you actually exist behind that keyboard, can have a strong support for you. It got me thinking a little about the way in which we treat strangers.

But that's not what I want to speak to you about. Zelo also answered my rhetorical questions in my recent journal entry. So, I thought to myself, why don't I post a single open-ended question at the end of each entry and see what everyone's opinions are. In this way, I'm hoping to bring people together and teach them to learn from others... A bit deep, huh?

Well. The first question of my entries will be...

Who is/ are your idol/ idols and why are they so special to you?

To kick start this whole thing, I'm going to give you guys the privilidge of mine.

The first of my idols are Marilyn Moroe and Mary Shelley. These women are inspirational and beautiful in their own special way. Marilyn is a strong woman that spoke her mind and didn't allow the media to suppress her to any view of any form. Shelley, well, Frankenstein is one of my favourite books and after studying it for A-Level English Literature, I fell in love with how she broke the mould completely by writing this novel and I also admire her for the way she pushed through her many hardships in her troublesome life.

And, of course, Avenged Sevenfold are a big part of my life. I may never have met them before, but their music has been a big part of me for such a long time that I feel like I know them as old friends rather than people I admire.

Lastly come the three most important people that have come and gone or stayed in my life since birth. My Grampa Gordon was the most important man to ever have touched my heart. Granted that I didn't see as much of him as I would have liked after I moved away to live in Wales, he still was a huge part of me in every way. My Great Nanny Nancy, well, what can I say? She was my reason for pushing through the tough period in my life. She made me smile, let me cry on her shoulder and taught me to be a woman, not a child.

And, the only man to ever put up with me kicking, punching, screaming, swearing, almost running him over and keeping me half-sane is my father. He has been put through so much and has taught me so many things. I highly doubt I would be alive and kicking should he not have stuck by me through everything. Also, he was the one who got me into my three biggest hobbies. Rugby, music and motors - that's all you need in life apart from an ice cold cider.

So, there we have it. My favourite people; dead, alive, friends, family and strangers. They each had their role to play in my young life and each of them have their own little significance to me.

Anways. Leave a comment and tell the world who your idol is today. You never know, you may just find that your idol is reading this...

Fundraising ideas: Too many to count... Still.
Fundraising Budget: £0
Funds Raised: £20
Amount Of Times I've Almost Fallen Asleep During Double English: 79
December 19th, 2011 at 05:42pm