Homeless

This is my first journal so it'll be pretty rough I'm sure.

I've been sitting here writing a rough poem- and was wonder what anyone thought about it.
It's basically about people who are homeless or are forced into the streets when they have no choice.

Hope for today
And even tomorrow
Torn to shreds
Leaving people with dreadful sorrow

Kids in the streets
Covering up with trash
Men with a family,
No roof over their heads.

Dirt is their makeup
Covering their cheeks, it’s the tears they cannot cry.
Hungry, but there’s not a thing
To feed this growling soul

Losing homes
Because of a lack of money
Leaving families
With no more than nothing

What we have is like a dream to those
Whose house is a box,
and food was once in someone else’s hand,
The most warmth he has is a sock- with a hole.

I've been thinking, and one thing I want to do in the future- I saw this on youtube once and I loved it. (: this man packed brown lunch boxes full of gloves, sandwiches, juices- stuff like that. I'd love to do that, maybe with a big bag though because I'd want to give them a blanket or something.
I want to do this someday, but around here I haven't seen many homeless people at all. Some are harder to notice than others, but When I did go to Colorado, there were a lot of homeless people, and one in particular was this woman. She was holding a sign, it said Need Food. She hung her head as she sat by the highway. I felt really bad for her, the humility that one has to face when they have to ask for food. :/ People should never have to do that, and I wish the best for them all.

Questions:
1. Have you ever given to a homless person, if so what?
2. Volunteered at a homless shelter?
3. Have you known a personal friend who became homeless?
4. How do you think you would do if you were all of a sudden kicked out of your house and had no place to stay (like a friends)
December 19th, 2011 at 07:44pm