Thought of the Day: Let's Flip A Coin

Thought: Okay, so I am a very indecisive person. My boyfriend makes practically all the decisions. For example, tonight he picked the restaurant that we went to for dinner. After being together a year, he's beginning to hate having to always make the decisions. So tonight, what did we do? We left it up to fate of course! How did we do this? Not just aimlessly driving until we choose to stop (we have done that many times), but we flipped a coin! He told me to call it, but... I couldn't decide, so after it landed I said, why don't we just go with whatever the coin lands on? I thought it was a very good idea. Why do we "call it"? Why can't we just go with whatever the coin lands on, it's still either heads or tails. And having to call it requires another decision, who calls it? And how is that supposed to be decided, with another coin? Who calls that one? It's a vicious cycle of coin calling and flipping! Like always, we seem to make simple things complicating.

My personal opinion: So, to solve this world problem, I say, assign each side an object like always, for example, heads a Chinese restaurant and tails a Mexican restaurant, then flip the coin, and whatever it lands on, that is what you pick. Simple enough?

Your opinion?
December 20th, 2011 at 06:12am