Dear fellow writers,

I say writers, for those of us who aren't published and who long to be. Although for some of us the thought of being published isn't so much as showing to those who doubted us that we could, but more to show to ourselves that we didn't make the wrong choice in not following this burning part of us.

For us writers, writing isn't a job it isn't something we do to pass the time. We do it because we have this burring desire to write, to use these insanely bazaar imaginations we've been given and create something that could move someones world. To write is a desire that we are almost compelled to comply, we are weak against its commanding hands.

I think we're all slightly insane, after all the things we often create are often completely spasticated, yes spasticated but also fucking amazing. I've been stalking a few of you guy's stories, and I'm again left in awe over some of you
.
I love the way each and single one of you view the world, these things are evident in your stories, each of you look at the smaller details and see things others can't see. We're creatures of detail and research, our existence is research for the characters we create.

So again, I would like to say again that all of you writers are amazing. I'm sure many of you have other jobs, and things you do. But I'm sure most of you catch yourself at different times during the day captivated by your imagination, absorbed by your own mind and what your creating.

Something has sparked this and that spark is soon lost against the story your spinning. I wish I could read these stories, as this raw imagination is uncut is again spasticated and impossible. But its a piece of twisted, inspiring piece of art. One that I know all of you are capable of creating.

I ask that you don't let go to this magic, this burning desire to create something amazing. We're all a little strange, all a little damaged and broken. We've seen just that little bit too much of the world, and it often adds a darker edge to this magic. But that's not a bad thing, that's life.

Writing is the way we cope, so I ask that you don't stop writing even if you don't get published.
Even if someone says its a piece of shit, keep writing because its a part of who you are. Its a piece of you that someone has no right to judge. Keep writing your story, you amazingly spasticated writers, because its us who will make the escapes for others. We'll open a door for another writer and other readers. Your writing could set someone free.
Love, Scarlet.
December 20th, 2011 at 08:24am