I love moments of pure bliss. Like this one.

It happened again. For the 3rd time this year. The 3rd time in 8 months.

Just the beginning of this year I declared that I would never ever get to see my favorite band of all time live. This little band called Avenged Sevenfold. Well this past Saturday marked the 3rd time seeing my heroes, idols, saviors, live. Not only was it just live, it was also from the BARRICADES! While I wasn't too fond of the other bands on the tour: Black Veil Brides (I'm sorry, I can't stand these guys. Too screamo, and just...no. I do not like them) Asking Alexandria (Also too screamo for me, and I think they incite too much violence from the crowd), and Hollywood Undead (Actually they were pretty good. Never really listen to them)

I paid over $100 for a VIP package for this show, just for the early entry for GA. This show was special for so many reasons: Hometown show (just about), so close to the anniversary of Jimmy's death </3, and it was their very last show in the US for "Nightmare"

I waited about 3 1/2 hours outside in gloomy, rainy, windy, chilly weather to get inside early, and to snag a spot on the barricades. Yes. Barricades. And not a barricade spot way off to the side. I was going to be smack in front of Zacky Vengeance himself. (Ok so it was kinda off to the side, but not bad) Just like when I saw them the very first time, I kept having to look around me, seeing deathbats and A7X shirts to truly believe what it was.

After an eternity, the first three bands came on and played their sets. Then it happened. The giant black curtain falls as the roadies set up. Excitement is filling the air around me. I'm trying to be excited but I'm impatient, and I felt horrible. I was tired and had a migrane. But anticipation was just helping me stay focused on what was about to happen. You hear their instruments being soundchecked, and people cheer. I keep looking at my watch knowing that time was getting closer. Chills race through my body, my hair is standing on end because I know that something amazing is about to happen.

I look at my watch one last time and the arena lights go out. The crowd just ERUPTS into cheers. Nothing is happening quite yet, but you can hear the low rumble of the show getting ready to start. Bursts of flame from behind the curtain. The crowd just doesn't stop screaming and cheering. There's a small explosion and the curtain falls. I thought it wasn't possible, but the arena screams grew louder and you can hear the intro to "Nightmare" being played as the members slowly take the stage. First Arin comes and sits behind the drumkit. Johnny Christ comes on, Synyster Gates, and Zacky V come out, and M Shadows.

"Nightmare" is performed and the instant crappy feelings go away, replaced by this adrenaline rush. The crowd is singing louder than Matt is singing. We're singing every single word to every single song that's performed. They told us on Facebook and their website to record Buried Alive to help them put together a live video of the song using clips of our videos.

We're laughing with the guys as they joke around onstage. Our hearts broke and our eyes teared up when Matt started talking about Jimmy, and JImmy's family who were at the show the night before. Matt is using every bit of energy to not cry himself while introducing the song they're about to play. Matt says that it's been "a crazy 2 years, starting off with tragedy...." The crowd starts chanting Jimmy's name before they play the song, and then the arena lights up right at the climax of the song in celebration of Jimmy. That song called "So Far Away".

This entire show was just pure bliss and to say I saw it from the barricades was a great thing for me. Sadly I didn't get any picks or drumsticks, but it's all good. I got some amazing pictures, and some amazing videos, two of which were linked above, and there are two more on my youtube page for "Afterlife" and "A Little Piece Of Heaven"

The show finally ends and I know the girl next to me has a sign to thank Arin for everything. Well he sees the sign and comes over to the edge of the stage and says thanks to her. The group of us around her began cheering for Arin, and the look on his face was amazing. He looked so awestruck and like he didn't want to leave the stage as he bowed, waved, and thanked us repeatedly for cheering him. I love this kid, he's adorable, he's an extremely talented drummer, and I want him to stay with A7X.

I don't know when A7X will tour the states again, but I can't wait till that happens, because seeing these guys live is just one of the most amazing experiences ever. My love and respect for this band goes beyond words and beyond thoughts. <3
December 22nd, 2011 at 06:17am