Christmas is never going to be the same for that family

A girl I went to school with died yesterday. I just read a few articles on it; apparently it was drug related, and a Haz-Mat team was called in to investigate the house she was found in. My dad thinks that indicates a meth lab.

I don't want to believe that she would be involved with dirty drugs like that. She was so sweet in school- not the best student, but she tried, and she came to me for help with Spanish when we had the class together. I remember being a bit jealous of her because she was so pretty and wore bandanas every day. The way she wore them made her seem so cool like she knew what she was doing. No one else ever wore them like she did; it was her style. Personality-wise, she was unique. Friendship-wise, she hung out with the troublemaker sort of crowd.

She was friends with my neighbor who I've known since I was two. To illustrate the type of crowd she hung out with, this neighbor was recently arrested at my school for being in a frat that was charged with all sorts of health code violations, sexual assault, drug issues, etc. I think eleven boys were arrested in total, and the house was basically condemned by the town my school is located in.

Honestly, these aren't bad people. They just get mixed up in bad things (and for this, I am talking about the girl and my neighbor. I don't know the other frat boys who were arrested except for a few I went to high school with).

She was twenty years old and still a girl. It's weird to read these articles calling her a woman because to me she wasn't. I don't consider me a woman yet, and she was probably only a few months older than me, maybe less than a year.

I can't stop thinking about her family and how she died four days before Christmas. Her parents probably already bought her gifts and wrapped them, but they will never be opened because their daughter is dead.

RIP E.M. <3

EDIT: Apparently it was a suicide. Based on the necessity of the Haz-Mat team, she probably did it by drinking bleach or some other chemical.
December 22nd, 2011 at 08:31pm