Eggs Can Calm.

Journal of.... Sudden Thought?
04

~ • † • ~

What's your way of calming your anger?
Do you listen to music?
Draw?
Take your anger out on the piano?
Scream at your pillow?
Scream at your dog?
Scream at your cat? Hamster?
Scream at you pen, pencil, ruler? Computer?
Rip up newspaper?

It's all good if you aren't hurting yourself or someone else.

I find that when I get angry, I tend to feel very energetic and strong, and usually a run won't suit it because I'll just get angry at having to run. Besides - it's not a pretty sight when you see someone mad running out in their pajamas onto the street.

So I have the horrible tendency of throwing stuff around. And when I'm angry, things go flying.
I know that this isn't right and it could eventually hurt someone or I can break something.
Eg: Flying keys hit annoying brother. Success! OR Flying keys his father. Failure.

I have a lot of fights with my brother that usually leave me very mad and I realized I needed to find a way of calming without getting into more trouble.

And I found it.

Eggs.

Whenever I'm angry and I feel like I need to throw some stuff around, I grab an egg from the fridge, stand by the sink, hold the egg in it with one hand and use all my built up energy to try and squish it. One hand, then the other, then back to the first.
Because I'm not too strong - it's hard for me to actually squish the egg, so by the time the mad energy is wasted on trying to squish the egg (note - not break), I've calmed down. This takes about thirty seconds to a minute - depending how angry I am.
At the end, I can put the egg back into the fridge or simply smash it into the sink against the sink if I feel like I need a final release of the burst of energy.

Nobody gets harmed, all is good, and only a dirty sink (but I've managed to smash it in a way that leaves it relatively clean).

And trust me - I feel so much better after it, just by going then and doing something distractive. And I'm calm again.

People say:
"Listen to music" and to some - it works. With me? I start to hate the songs playing and eventually later when i hear them, I get all annoyed again.
So music doesn't work.
Coloring is too long. Ripping newspaper up - takes forever to clean up. Screaming at something gives me a headache and so on.

The egg is the perfect solution.
No matter how silly it seems. :)

But then again, everyone is different. To some, this might work; to others - it might not.

But it will never hurt to try. (:

~Jordan
December 23rd, 2011 at 12:25am