Dear fellow writers - Christmas Addition

Some of you may have read my other journal, dedicated to you readers. I was amazed so many of you loved it, so I thought I'd do something similar, but inspired by Christmas. Original I know.

I don't know what Christmas means for you all. Maybe you celebrate it, maybe you don't. Maybe you hate it because of painful reason. Maybe you love it. I don't know, but whatever the feeling theres something there for Christmas.

I did a journal bagging the shit out of Christmas a while ago, my views have changed slightly since then. Christmas maybe the most heartbreaking time of the year for you, or it might be one of your favorite. But what do you think of when you think about Christmas?

I use to love Christmas, the waiting, the staying up because you couldn't sleep because you didn't know what you were getting. Now, well my views have changed due to a series of events I wish above everything else I didn't have to go through or if I did I could forget them.

For those of you who have similar views, I'm sorry. Because I know how much this time of year effects you. It pulls at that pain you manage to suppress with little effort most of the year. Then BAM, its Christmas and its back with a vengeance.

Because you remember the happy Christmas's. The past. And that above everything else you wish you could forget. Or at least become better at suppressing it. It hurts and instead of sitting up at night wanting those freaking presents, you sit up thinking about just how much things have changed.

You remember what made them change, and everything in between. You remember who you use to spend it with, and who you've lost a long the way.

For those of you who have beautiful and happy Christmas's, I'm happy for you. And I mean that too, I'm not just saying it. I'm so happy for you, and treasure every minute of it. Treasure every single second, even the moments that annoy you. Because you never know how quickly that all could change. Hold onto the magic because those of us who have lost it miss it.

Christmas is wrapped in innocence, wonder, magic and love. You loose one of those factors, you loose some of that brilliance that came with the whole thing. So if you have it, guard it and hold onto it. Even if its just a slither. Because I miss that magic, and I'm sure a lot of others do.

Merry Christmas to you all, and I hope for those of you who dislike the whole thing, that tonight wont hurt too much. And for those of you who love it, I hope you get some sleep.

Love, Scarlet
December 24th, 2011 at 12:54pm