My Christmas letter to you, babe.

Hey there.

Merry Christmas, baby.

How've you been? I've been well.

I've been working a lot, because I've decided that I want to go higher where I am, I want to get into management. You'd be proud of that, wouldn't you babe? I know I'm proud of myself for finally deciding on something. It only took a year to come up with it.

I've been hanging out with my friends a lot too, we've all gotten so much closer this year, which is odd, since we don't see each other as much. It's probably because we actually have to make an effort now, and it means more to hang out since we don't see each other all day every day.

I was sad this morning though, babe. I woke up later then normal, around 8am, and I was so disorientated when I saw the clock, and I yelled at you. I saw my watch and the first thing I said was "why the f*ck didn't you wake me, babe?!" because you woke me up super early for six years. And then I remembered that you weren't there again and I got sad.

It's my second Christmas without waking up in your arms and getting the best present ever - an hour of your loving.

I didn't know what to do after I yelled at you, babe. I turned around and all I saw was my pillow, the one I'd been hugging all night in a poor imitation of you, and I was just shocked. I didn't know what to do, so I did the only thing I could think of. I whispered a quiet sorry to you babe, and then I slipped out of the room. I don't even know why.

I am sorry for yelling at you though, I didn't mean to.

My mam and dad got me this bracelet this year, babe. It's stainless steel links, held together with a smaller link surrounded by black. It's the sort of thing you would've picked for me, I smiled when I opened it. They got it for me to match my watch, but I just thought of it as you gift. It's the sort of thing you'd pick. I know it.

They got me a silver necklace too, with a heart on it, and the second I saw it, I knew it was something I would've bought for you. I'm wearing it with pride, still smiling a little at how fate played its hand this year.

I like it.

I hope you've had a good Christmas, babe. I hope you had a lot of fun with your mum and your grandparents. I know you probably saw Ellie and Jordy too, and I hope you didn't give them too much hassle, baby. I know what you're like but it's Christmas.

Do you remember Christmas 2007? When I got that stupid inflatable rowing boat, and we decided then and there that we had to use it? And do you remember how when the cover got taken off the pool, we were disgusted because the cheap chlorine wasn't working and the water was dark green.

I remember it, babe, and I remember you slapping my arse in that stupid boat, so I pushed you overboard, and you came up, but your glasses had fallen off and sunk to the bottom, and I couldn't stop laughing as you stood there, soaked, cursing me. And then your dad gave me a snorkel mask and a waterproof torch, and made me dive down through the disgusting water to find your glasses. I remember that, babe,

It was so much fun. I miss those days, when we were so carefree and everything was a riot. When we didn't have to worry about anything.

Kiara sends her love, too, babe, and oh my God, she's getting so fat. She's got another three months left, but I swear she looks like she's ready to explode. And little Aimee and Jared are getting so much bigger! Can you believe they're one already, babe? And Aimee, oh my God, she's got your temper, so clearly that came from your mothers side, because you and I both know that Adam and Kiara are nothing like that.

I'd send some wishes from your dad but I know he's probably already talking to your mum, like he does every year, so she'll probably tell you.

I love you lots, babe.

I know I say I don't all the time, but I really do, babe, honestly.

And before you yell at me for it being 2am, I know, babe, I know. And I know it's technically Boxing Day, and Christmas is over, but you can suck it up, because I'm doing this anyway.

So toughen up and take it like a champ, babe.

I love you so much.

Merry Christmas, gorgeous.

Eternally yours,

Cee.
December 25th, 2011 at 04:20pm