Christmas and story sidetracking

This is officially one of the best Christmases in recent memory. I got a phenomenal hedgehog puppet, and my Mom got me the CD from one of my favorite bands ever (they're called Day Method, and you should go listen to some of their songs. Yes, right now. Go. I'll wait). But most importantly, all of my siblings are here, and my nephew too, and it just feels like Christmas. Last year, we had just found out my Dad had cancer, so it threw a definite shadow over everything. But this year, he's in remission, and everything seems right. Sure, we didn't get the tree decorated, and half of us didn't have time to wrap our presents, but it doesn't seem to matter. But, to discuss my other topic, all the joy and wonder of the season has a tendency to fill up your time. Between the holidays and schoolwork, I've been coming up pretty short on time to work on my stories, again it doesn't really seem to matter, but every now and then I think about it and go "Oh, shoot, I should post a new chapter soon", and then 'soon', turns into 'later', and 'later' gets later and later, until it's a week later, and then I just go "You know what, forget school. I need to post stuff on Mibba!" And I'm so out of it from my food/sugar coma, that I don't even know what my original point was anymore...Oh well. Merry Christmas everyone, and I promise I'll be posting again once things settle down here. "This season, remember the reason."
December 25th, 2011 at 09:57pm