I'm stronger than this.

How stupid and childish of me... to actually think it was a good idea to just let you in, past the walls I've worked so hard to build up for the past seven years. I have always had a very good reason for keeping people out. But, congratulations: you've proven my theory correct.

And, you know what? That's fine.

I'm actually very appreciative of what you've done for me. You've made me a stronger person, and I hope to one day be able to tell you exactly what you've done for me. But that honestly doesn't look like it'll be happening anytime soon.

I'm like an animal, backed into the a corner. I trusted you to approach me and I ended up getting hurt. Now, I'm recoiling and lashing out, to a degree. I'm kind of all over the place.

Maybe it's because I'm building my walls back up. Higher... Thicker... And stronger than they were before you came along. I'm done crying over this. I'm better than this. I'm better than trying and trying, just to receive absolutely no result.

Thank you for being there for me. I tried to be there for you, as well, but you wouldn't let me. That saddens me.

But, I won't be some optional friend. I'm not sure why you did what you did, but I just want you to know it took every single ounce of courage I had to open up to you. A part of me hopes this is all some big misunderstanding, and that I'm just overreacting.

For some reason, I have a feeling it's not, though.

But for now, I don't need this.
December 27th, 2011 at 10:03pm