foREVer

Well, as all Avenged Sevenfold fans know. Today marks the second "anniversary" of Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan's passing. He was not just a drummer, singer and songwriter. He was a free spirit. As Synyster Gates (Brian Haner Jr.) said he was a shooting star and they burn out way too early. Which is 150% true. Jimmy was an inspiration to hundreds if not thousands of people all over the world. Me included. When I learned that Jimmy had passed away I was devistated beyond words. I never had the opportunity to see him perform with A7X live which, in a way, is a lie. When I saw A7X perform at Uproar you could tell Jimmy was there. Throughout ever song you could almost feel his presence especially during "A Little Piece of Heaven" and "Afterlife". Jimmy was someone that can never be replaced and never will be. Last night (Dec 27th) I went and got my first tattoo. How does this pertain to today? It's my take on Jimmy's Stallion Duck video. You all should know which one I'm talking about. The tattoo is a rubber duck with Jimmy's hair, piercing, blue eyes and red tie. Underneath it says, of course, foREVer. Now everytime I see it I feel like I have a piece of Jimmy with me almost like he's watching over all of the Deathbats out there. Jimmy was proud of what he had created and I'm sure he would be proud of the fans for continuing to love him which we always will. Always and foREVer.

Jimmy, I love you and always will. So, I conclude this with tears, love and the lyric, "I have so much to say but, you're so far away."
December 28th, 2011 at 10:07pm