Famous Last Words

This should've been posted earlier but better late than never . . .

*idea inspired by MCRmyElf

~~~

2011 was a year full of different feelings and experiences. I've experienced pain, joy, sorrow, despair, and surprisingly, a little heartbreak. I honestly thought that year would be different; a happier and more exciting year. But apparently that wasn't in store for me. On a good note, I was able to see my favorite band live with my best friend and watch my brother graduate high school and hear that my sister was engaged to her long time boyfriend of six years. All in all, if I could relive 2011, I probably would, just to be thankful and grateful for all of the experiences that make me who I am today. When I was in seventh grade, I was just barely getting into my writing and I was dipping into different clothing styles to see if I'd fit. I tried scene for like, a day, but found out I was doing it wrong and it looked gross on me, lol. To me, 2011 was my kid year. My actual kid year. I feel like for 2012, I'm now a teenager/young adult who'll be able to make wiser decisions, though everyone has to make mistakes and go through something tough to strengthen them. I'm not the little seventh grader I was last year. I'm a new kid. An eighth grader. Still young to many but older to me.

Anyways, this year I hope I'll be a better me. By that, I'm stepping out of my shell, though I'm not a shy person. I'm outgoing as hell but when I'm around some people, I tense up and lose all confidence. This year, I'm convinced that I'm special. I'm a strong-willed, independent, beautiful, and courageous person who isn't gonna be silenced by the vibe that others may give off. I will not stand down and shut up because I feel somewhat intimidated by someone standing a few feet from me giving me a look. I will not back down from any challenge that may come my way. I'm a fighter. You know what? Screw that, I'm a warrior in the hardest fight that we all call life.

2012, I'm here to kick ass.

And those are my famous last words.

xo, Joi Johnson [Jojo]

Image
January 1st, 2012 at 09:34am