Epiphany

The other day I was thinking and I realized that I really didn't know anything about my boyfriend, Geoffrey. I didn't know his parents...his favorite color, movie, food...I didn't know if he wanted to have kids or what he planned on doing with his life. You think I would know some of these things after dating him for 6 months.

So I planned on getting to know him but he had been ignoring me ever since Christmas. He didn't tell me Happy Birthday and he KNEW it was my birthday. So I asked him to come over sometime and he said he didn't want to. This kind of made me mad considering I was leaving in a week for the Army. So I told him to come over..I didn't ask. He ignored me and the rest of my texts that I sent throughout the day. There weren't very many; just 3 texts.

It was then that I realized he really didn't give a flying fuck about me. So I called him and he rejected my call. I left a message and broke up with him. I got home and found that he deleted me from facebook after I changed my relationship status. It hurt to come to this realization. I had spent 6 months of my life with this person that I really really loved. He was my first for everything and a lot of girls will know that it means A LOT.

I could never really be myself with him. He made fun of me constantly making me feel more insecure than I should have. He never asked to hang out. I had to do the asking. It hurts me to realize that it took me this long to figure out that he really didn't care. He dropped so many hints as you can see.

But people make mistakes and learn from them and that's what I plan to do.

6 days til I leave
January 3rd, 2012 at 05:23am