Today is that day

After New Year's I always go back and look at my life; what it was, what it is and what I want it to be. Stupid and silly it may be, it's therapeutic in it's own way. It often leads me to making good decisions and smart choices because I realize how stupid I am, how ridiculous the things I do are. Today is that day, and I have realized some very important things. First off, how frequently I stop being friends with people just because there's something wrong or there's not enough time. How stupid it that? No matter who it is, if they've been a good friend to you at one point then they deserve your love always. And also, I have realized how goddamn perfect my life is. I have amazing parents, and AMAZING boyfriend who would die for me, a great town, an awesome theater program and a really good fucking role.
I love who I am and what I do. And yet I am always depressed or sad and I really don't know why. I think it's because I've pushed so many people out of my life. I stopped taking the time to care, only thinking about my own personal life. This is a short life we have and I'm not going to let it run by me without a second thought. Everything matters, every second, every day. I'm ready to take on this world and make the best of it. And on top of that, I was given some lovely advice yesterday. Carlos said to me "you're always thinking so much....and I know it sounds stupid when I say this...but you have to just live." and that is exactly what I plan on doing.
Life is beautiful. And I am so happy.
I hope all of you have a great week, a great month, and a great year.
January 4th, 2012 at 08:24pm