Dealing with a little heart ache

So I'm dealing with being heartbroken fr the first time in my life. I'm 20 years old and have never dealt with heart break before. I haven't even had a boyfriend and i am dealing with heart break. It's so fucking irritating.
Let me summarize why I'm feeling this way. Back in 2010 my best friend was talking to me about a guy she new and who she thought i would be interested in. She called him my "soul mate" because he was so much like me in personality and interests. I started talking to him on facebook around September 2010 and we hit it of pretty well. One of our conversations lasted until 6am. I slowly started to develop feelings for him and I had never met him face to face. Then and incident happened between him and my friend and he tried to bring me into the whole thing. I eventually forgave him and we stared talking normally again and i was really starting to fall from him but our conversations were almost non existent. By June/July 2011 I found out from my friend that he moved to Ireland and got a girlfriend. I was crushed. Then i found out he went missing in Scotland and was eventually found alive and that he had also got his girlfriend pregnant. I felt like I completely lost anything that could have possibly between him and I. I cared very deeply about him but now I could only care about him as a friend.
By September 2011 he and his family were supposed to come back to America to sell there house and he also had a gift for me as a thank you for helping him through tough times(not going into that detail) but I was vacationing with m parents and my fiend was supposed to get the gift to bring it to me when she came with us for a couple of days. That did not happen because his girlfriend had to be taken to the hospital because she was spotting and she thought she was having a miscarriage. She wasn't it was just something that happened normally. Also i did not receive my gift. After i got back from vacationing i had a conversation with him and he told me what he got me but not going into detail on what it looked like and why he got it. He and I love the movie Beauty and the Beast he sees himself as the Beast and I see myself as Belle but to him he sees me as the enchanted rose: beautiful, a source of hope, but a constant reminder of reality and promises(those are his exact words). And there is also a note with the gift. What is on the note? i have no idea because he didn't tell me. After telling me that i was the enchanted rose he said that he had someone that loved him but was not sure if he loved them back. That was a shocking statement to me because i had no idea if he was talking about me or his girlfriend. After questioning him about it he said he says the wrong things and signed off from the conversation. That was the last time i talked to him.
Around October 2011 my friend talked to him and he had mixed feelings about me and his girlfriend. He wanted to take qualities of me and qualities of her and make them into one person because he had both feelings for me and his girlfriend. He also said to my friend that he want to tell me how he felt but did not to express it. So pretty much he was in love with me at one point and he loved his girlfriend and still had feeling about me and all this other crazy shit. it led to a break down on the phone to my friend because she was the one i was finding out all this information from. I pretty much tried to turn my feeling off from him because i felt like his girlfriend had won and that i would just care for him as a friend. Then around November 2011 i was informed by my friend that his girlfriend had a miscarriage and broke up with him. She decided that she was tired of everyone telling her what to do and she need some time fore herself and that she wanted to go back to school. I feel really bad for him because he was kind of excited to be a dad but in a way i felt really good because now there could finally be a chance for me. I then also found out that he was going to be sending my gift t my friend so she could give it to me around Christmas but then he decided he wanted to give it to me himself so he planned to come to America in December. That didn't work out because both my friend and i were busy. So then he decided on January but that didn't work out because his grandmother got sick so he wanted to stay and make sure she was okay. So he was planning for February but now that is not going to happen. Yesterday( Jan. 8, 2012) i was talking with my friend who i talked to the first time since Christmas because she's busy with her job. She told me that he called her about 2 weeks ago but did not leave a voice mail. She also told me that he got back with his girlfriend because they still had feeling for one another. So yes my heart is broken today and it is such a weird feeling.
What should I do?? Should i completely forget about him or stick around as his friend?? I don't know what to do anymore. Also i just really want to see my gift but my friend is under strict instructions not to give it to me. This is so fucking annoying.

What should I do??
January 8th, 2012 at 08:04am