My Words Mean Nothing.

I dream of a beautiful world,
a world with no war, instead peace, a world with no homeless people, instead everybody has clothes, food, medicines, and money. I dream of a world where there is no religion. I dream of wild animals running free, clean water and air, no pollution and no lies.
Although I will never get this, it doesn't hurt to believe that maybe one day I will.
People say they're changing the world, they say it will all be okay, things are changing. To tell the truth I do not believe any of this, I live in a world where I fear going outside, because there are holes in the ozone, I fear breathing the air that keeps us alive, because I do not know what chemicals are in it. This world is broken, there is no way to fix it, and the people should learn, if you know you can't fix it, stop breaking it.
In Kindergarden we were taught, not to fight, always share, love each other, be nice to each other, and to respect people around us, the adults in this world break every one of those rules, they start war, they're greedy, they disrespect people, they kill people because of their religion, and they treat the people around them like animals. My question to you guys is why do this to us, when you're only hurting yourselves?
The issues are more important then who's president, which stock markets are making the most, what the leaders are doing and how much tax we pay.
My idea is to let children run the world for one day.
And watch how different the world will be.
Are children even on their priority list?
Look at me, I'm only 16 I've lived a more horrible life than somebody at war.
I've dealt with more. And I'm not un-scathed, but I'm aware of what's going on around me.
My request to you is, if you really love us, let your actions amount to your words.
January 8th, 2012 at 10:55pm