Mibba: The Land of Vapid Romance and Fantasy Fiction (REDUX)

This is just to shed a light on some of the things I said in my other journal entry, if you haven't read it you won't really understand this as much.

Ok I never meant that I didn't enjoy romance or fantasy fiction, the thing is I've seen it all before, and somethings that I know a lot of people enjoy, though I don't like shippers and slashfic writers. Honestly it would be ok if it was done with something original, not your fantasies to have a loving relationship with the guy from Avenged Sevenfold (And I'm not hating on A7X I enjoy their music a hell of a lot), or with a vampire from Twilight or your own addition to the, I can't believe I'm saying this, vampire romance sub-genre (really? this is a sub-genre now?!?). I like more classical-(style) romances, but then again where the hell am I going to come across one of those on the internet in 2012?

Also I love fantasy fiction, Harry-Potter, Red Wall, Eragon, and other series are what got me into reading and writing. It's just that over the years it seems that wizards, knights, and personification of animals or other inanimate objects, has mostly all been done. It's now just being re-hashed and re-hashed over and over, and now they've thrown vampires into the mix, don't even get me started on Twilight and the Pandora's Box of banality that opened. Fantasy is (supposed to be) the most imaginative of the genres of writing, and really everything, it was all fairy-tales fascinating the mind with great tales of beautiful princesses and heroic knights who slay the dragon and save the kingdom, but now it's all been done! Or has it? The thing is writers now should try harder than ever to stand out in a crowd of trite fiction, I mean isn't that what kids today, I being one of them, want more than anything, to stand out? Now before I go into a social commentary that you could find in my work on this site, I'm going to stop myself.

To each his own I guess, I don't hate anyone for what they like, I mean read and write what you want to read and write, the thing is I can't find anything that appeals to me I guess that's what I was frustrated about. I also wasn't saying that no one on here has talent, I've seen proof that people on here have talent, I've seen quite a few that are actually pretty darn good.
I guess from now on I should just shut the hell up and let people be people, I mean I'm starting to sound like a real pretentious bastard, telling people how to write, when I shouldn't, I just wish for a little more variety is all. Sorry to all those I may have offended.
January 9th, 2012 at 02:47am