A life cycle long forgotten.

A long time ago there was a planet perfect and beautiful, life grew in every direction and animals inhabited it. The people on the planet enjoyed it and lived off the life the planet gave. As time grew on people became curious on how things worked, why things worked the way they did and is there a way to manipulate it and control it? The people who just wanted to survive off the land became few as people discovered new ways to do things. Eventually everyone figured why live the hard life off the land when we can find "easier" ways to live. So technology grew and eventually the people became proud. Soon after the people who came to depend on the land were shattered and broken and many outcast for there way of things. Eventually pride took the people and they grew tunnel vision and didn't focus or care about what there actions caused to others. Even though there were people screaming and crying to be heard, those who realized the beautiful world we are shattering. Ignorance is bliss and the devastation continued. The planet became angry and hot blooded, winters became more savage, summers destroyed everything and eventually the world became so hot that shook and erupted and eventually at long last there was a peace... The planet cooled and went into a sleep. The beautiful life was restored and any evidence of these proud people were destroyed and long gone. Untill one day, a group of animals gave birth to a strange creature. There was no fur but skin covered him from head to toe. There intelligence seemed to grow fast, and the world awoke tensing itself hoping that it would not once again be shattered and broken.
January 12th, 2012 at 03:48am