The annoyance of having a landlady with a caretaker

Within the past couple of months my landlady’s caretaker has been complaining to us of to much noise. I live in a three family house. My landlady has the downstairs apartment and there are 2 apartments upstairs. I live in one with my parents and in the other there is a single mother with a 9-year-old boy. We all have crazy schedules so we come home at different times. My neighbor and her son were know to make loud noises coming up the stairs as was I because I have work and I am sometimes running late for work so i am running out the door.My dad leaves for work around 5:30-6 in the morning to go to work(he works in NYC) so yes there might be some noise early in the morning. My neighbor also has work in the morning and she has to get her son to school so once again there will be noise in the morning. My mom also has to get ready for work so there will be noise. Not loud noise but typical morning noise. I work retail so of course I have different hours every time I work. I’m either leaving early in the morning to help some of the guys with the truck and stock shelves or I’m there for the morning shift. Or I’m working the mid-shift and even the night-shift. I never get home at the same exact time so of course there will be noise. Especially during the Christmas season with the holiday hours I was working until 10:30 at night so I wasn’t coming home until quarter to 11. So there will be noise!

Lately though my landlady’s caretaker(who shall remain nameless) has come up to our apartment or stopped me when I’m leaving to go somewhere to tell me not to run down the stairs(when I did no such thing). On Christmas she told me not to run down the stairs. I’m sorry I was putting Christmas presents for my family in my mother’s car that was horrible of I am going to run down the stairs because I will be late fore work if I don’t move my ass fast enough. Yes I occasionally forget and every time I forget I get talked to by the caretaker. The other she came up to my apartment at around 10:30 to complain about the noise. This I take full responsibility for because I was playing with my cat, who is 7-months-old, and we were making some noise. So I was wrong for that. Sorry. Today as I was coming in from getting the mail she stops me and tells me that she heard a tumbling noise above her bedroom at 8 o’clock this morning. I was not awake. My cat was asleep with me at the foot of my bed and my mother was in the kitchen eating breakfast. my mother heard no noise at all. My mother thinks it was the tree branches hitting the side of the house because it was windy this morning. I think it’s little critters in the walls(again). Whatever. The caretaker showed me where her room is and where my landlady’s room is. Both rooms are right underneath my living room/dining room(it’s a big room. one side is the living room and the other side is the dining area). I’m sorry you keep hearing shit but I am not making the noise and neither is my family.

I have lived in this three family house since I was 3-years-old. i am not 20-years-old, almost 21. This shit is happening now. This place was once peaceful but now I feel like I am a prisoner in my own home not being able to do anything. My mom suggested that we move. I agree. I guess we’ll have to see what happens. It’s so ridiculous.

On a happier note Beauty and the Beast is going to be in 3D and is coming out tomorrow. I’m seeing it on Saturday! I can’t wait!

Thanks for listening.
January 12th, 2012 at 10:39pm