It felt almost as if i was dreaming.

The wind around me carries unwanted petals and left behind leaves, the last of the season. Together they make the most amazing shade of pink I’d ever seen. I don’t even like pink. That is why it mesmerizes me how beautiful this scene was. I would lift my arms to catch some of the petals in my fingers, they would just leave. At this I figured they just didn’t trust me. Bu after what they had been through, I wouldn’t trust me either.
I figured that we had a lot in common, the petals and me. They had been left to brown in the dirt, while the better, stronger, ones stayed- admired by the flowers on the tree. Like high school if you will.
I tried so hard for his love and attention. To be everything the guy wanted me to be. I’m not the prettiest girl at Rayne, but still. I figured I was attractive enough- He’s not the cutest boy there either. Surely, we would have been cute together, but he liked Alexis. She was always so sad, and lonely, also…she looked like a porcelain doll. But he seemed to be into that. He left me cold on the ground. For someone better.

She Only Left Him In The End.
As I sit under this tree, the one with the picky flowers, I watch as new petals cover the ground. I pick one up. “You weren’t good enough, either?” I say sadly. “I know the feeling.” I kiss the petal, because I feel with it. And as the wind comes to pick up the rejected petals, I let it go, knowing that somewhere, there was a better place for that petal. And maybe… just maybe… there would be a better place for me, Also.
January 17th, 2012 at 02:42pm