18 going on extinct.

So, December 1st, I turned eighteen years old. I always thought when I was little that my life would be a lot different than it is right now. But, honestly, I'm glad that I have been through everything that I have because if I hadn't, I wouldn't be the person that I am right now. And I love who I am.
I only have about five months left of school. High school is almost over, and then life really gets real, right? I go off to college, I move out, away from my family, and soon away from my friends. I am both nervous and excited. I am one of those people who want to stay young forever. I don't want to live a normal, grown-up life. I want excitement.
I cannot wait to move to the city. I am so done with this town. I am ready to be around new people and face new challenges.
I have so many memories in this town, though. While I hate it here, It will always mean something to me. I have fallen in love here, had my heart broken here, and had great times and bad times here. I loved every part of it.
To anyone going into high school in the fall, I want you to know that you are in for such a treat, no matter who you are. You have the power and the option to make it amazing. So make it exactly what you want it to be, what you always dreamed it would be. Make it yours.
I was just in the mood to write, and I really have nothing else to say, but I just thought that I would throw that out there.
I love all of you. <3
January 23rd, 2012 at 02:06am