stories and stuff.

so i feel like i need to take a minute to talk about all the stuff i've written since i've been here on Mibba.

as it stands, these are the statuses for all my stories:
I Left My Heart In San Diego is active. just really slow.
Horseshoes and Handgrenades was finished at the end of March.
Desperate But Not Hopeless is on hiatus until i figure out exactly what's going on with it.
Cryogenics is also on hiatus, but for slightly different reasons.
Angel is also active, just kind of slow.
Mirrors is active, but also kind of slow.
Early Sunsets Over Monroeville is just a songfic i'm submitting to my college's literary magazine, so that's just there for a quick read.

now, about DBNH and Cryogenics. DBNH has been on hiatus for almost eight months, and Cryogenics for six. i did this for a couple reasons. one definitely being that i have a lot of ideas, and i don't know what to do with them. obviously, sometimes they turn into other stories, and i get preoccupied with setting up new stories, like i did with Angel (i'll admit to that). i want to put it out there right now that i'm not abandoning either of these stories. they are on an indefinite hiatus, but that doesn't mean i'm just going to leave them there. DBNH has hardly been set up and i really enjoyed the ideas that i had for that story. one day, i'll come back to that one, at least, and start up with that one again. i think i want to finish LMH first, though, before i take one of those back on.

i have conflicting feelings about Cryogenics. the other day, i almost posted a chapter of it, but i remembered i had put it on hiatus. the thing with this story is that i'm actually writing this one out on paper, and i haven't even touched the notebook in months. i don't know where it's stopped or anything, so i don't know what's happened, is going to happen, or even where i'm really going with that. i really have only one idea for this story, one central idea, and that's how the story got its name, but i don't know how i'm going to write a book (essentially) around that idea right now. i have a lot of other things on my mind, too, which is taking away from me writing anything period.

college is a bitch this semester, for more than just the reason it's a lot of work. i have to do some extra shit because i did shitty last semester, so that's kind of kicking my ass right now and consuming my time with work. also, and i will confess to this, i just got Sims 3 Ambitions from one of my friends, and it's really cool, so i've been playing it a lot. the bottom line here is that i just haven't gotten any good inspiration for any of my active stories yet.

i will say this though. another chapter of LMH is in the works, as it has been for a little while, and i hope after this next week, i can start on another chapter of Mirrors, because i really like the ideas i have for that story too. and yes, i am a little saddened to say that i will be ending LMH sometime in the near future (and by the near future, i mean the next four months). don;t worry, though, dear readers! i will be working on a sequel to it at some point. i mean, i have base ideas right now, i just want to get some of my other ideas down on electronic paper before i go and start doing other things here.

so, in summary: i haven't been writing a lot, and i apologize, but i have a lot of other pressing matter to attend to first. i have been writing a little, though. new chapters of my active stories are in the works, and will hopefully be out by next weekend. LMH is ending in the next couple of months, but it will have a sequel, and DBNH will come off hiatus probably when LMH ends. so until then, dear readers, i wish you all a lovely rest of your day/night, and keep reading and writing! <3

~Arizona
January 26th, 2012 at 10:19pm