You said you don't know me. Read.

I am a girl with feelings, a brain, heart, arms, legs, feet, hands, hair, eyes, and nose. Am I different from you? No, I’m not different from you. But, why do you choose to label me as though I am contagious, someone who doesn’t deserve a crumb off the floor? I’m tired of feeling as though I did something wrong. I’m tired of being labeled. I’m tired of trying to keep in contact with those who want nothing to do with me.

You know how you just want to fit in and get rid of that “outsider” feeling – the feeling that you are alone in a crowded room? Well, that is how everyone makes me feel. Friends aren’t friends if they ignore you or don’t try to keep a conversation with you. I tried so hard to keep in contact, but these… people want no association with me. I’m no one to them. But, I’m like the CEO of a business company when they want something. I’m done with those people. I would rather be alone in my own world than be with the fakes.

Why should I try to keep friends, when they don’t want to spend any effort? I’m labeled as happy; when I feel depressed, they tell me that they don’t like this person rather than comfort me. I don’t expect them to comfort me but I didn’t expect them to say that they didn’t like me either. I suppose I will never win. Trying to keep friends is like telling the most motivated and educated person to not go to school. It cannot be done. If I don’t talk to the person, we’ll never talk to each other. So, let me start by stopping the little conversations that I have with them. I cannot care for those who don’t even care for my favorite color. They only care about my grades, my GPA, and my weight. I’m skinny, yay! That doesn’t make me a better person.

To those of you who feel the same way, don’t try. Some things are not worth the effort. If they don’t care about your favorite color, your favorite animal, favorite pencil, or favorite number, they don’t care about you. Every tiny detail, whether it be insignificant to you or not, makes you who you are today. There will be people to ask you: what’s your favorite number? Then, try with all your might to keep that person close. It’s clear he or she cares enough to ask about the tiny details of your life.

If you feel a different way, prove me wrong.

Honestly speaking... this is a journal entry. I appreciate that you "care" but I'm just expressing my thoughts.
January 28th, 2012 at 10:14pm