What an awful night.

My night was just terrible.

I usher at a theater and was ushering the opening night of this the opera, Rigoletto.
Not only were all the patrons being REALLY sassy tonight, but I was put on tier 4, which is the last tier in the theater.
Everyone was being really rude and shoving me off because they think: "Oh, she's young, she doesn't know what she's doing."

During the second act though I was placed inside and this man decided to randomly change seats. He moved a row over because the row was practically empty. Now, the man behind him was in the CORRECT seat that he PAID for.

The man who moved basically kept shifting around and was sitting on his knee and obtructing the view of the other patron. The man behind him finally said something to the guy, and before it escalated I went to see if I could calm the situation.

I spoke to the man who was in the correct seat and told him I would solve the problem. When I came back I asked the man politely if he could move a couple seats down because the people behind him were being bothered.

And this is when everything went to hell.

He started yelling at me and cursing at me. He called the guy behind me a "f*cking idiot" multiple times and when I told him I was going to a get my tier leader to solve the problem he GRABBED me by the upper arm and wouldn't let me go.

At this point, I was very upset.

I had just been berated by this random man for doing nothing wrong, and now he was grabbing me.

I got myself away and was shaking and basically crying because I have never faced a patron so rude before. And then my bad ass tier leaders who love me and consider me the baby of the volunteer staff came in and basically took care of everything.

We had to call security and we had to file a report.

They had to move me from where I was just to be safe nothing would happen with this guy again.

And just tonight was awful.
January 29th, 2012 at 06:25am