"I wish Mibba was more focused on writing."

To start honest, this journal's not about how derpy the story search can be, or how the story section itself could use a little sprucing up. In-the-making story editors will do, I'm sure, wonders for the story section. The legend of the derpy story search will possibly come to a close when Dujo awakens from the slumber brought about by the mighty Two Years.

What I amtalking about is the people I see lamenting over the lack of activity in the places of the site geared towards writing; like the Tips and Contest forums, like comment swaps in the journals. And how they wish there was more of a focus in those places, because that's meant to be the main deal of the site. But here's the thing. What made the writing sections of the site so active before? Users. So, potentially, what's all it really needs to get closer to that level of activity that people want? All together now...Users.

People like you and me and the person who's already clicked out of this journal because by the power of cow-lord, I cannot summarise. Users who used user-generated facilities geared towards user-written writing. Usingly. Over a quarter million on the site overall. 1300 online as I type this sentence.

I can't quite imagine that whatever it is in the writing sections that requires revitalising requires Dujine Intervention to accomplish, or is beyond the power of mibba and the people in it who evidently want something shinier to do themselves, at least in part. It cannot be so!

So help me out, journalfolk. What are the writing parts of the site lacking, for you? Pining for more reviews, more comment swaps, more writing prompts or contests? Or just more bodies in those forums? More feedback on your stories, generally? Or are you really just after a story search that just won't quit?

What is it that you're left wanting for, and whether you think those things are something that mibbians could help improve themselves, with a little keyboard-grease and a small mountain of sugar.

Tl; dr: Your opinions; I seek them.

Perhaps for my own curiosity; perhaps for a mild conspiracy.Or just a rhyming rule of three.
Humour me; happy cow wishes it of you~
January 31st, 2012 at 05:21am