Rumors .

So I have this best friend, who is very controlling. She hates when I hang with other people, and she really has no one else except for me and her boyfriend.

So last weekend, I arranged to hang out with one of my other friends, whom I've always been close with for multiple reasons, and my best friend found out. I guess she didn't really like that I was becoming close with someone who isn't her, so she started telling people that I snorted morphine (which I haven't).

Well after hanging with my friend, my phone died, and I got home and went straight to bed, so I never checked my facebook or anything.

-

The next morning I was in the car, on the way to my final regular-season hockey game, and I plugged in my iPhone to charge. When it finally came to life, I was hit with 32 text messages and 17 different people writing on my wall. I was a little more then surprised, and was quick to read all these messages, thinking something important happened, and people were in a rush to reach me.

Imagine my surprise when 30 texts are different people all telling me how stupid I am and that I am fucking up my life, and the 17 people who wrote on my wall just put how they lost all respect for me, and how I was the scum at the bottom of the Earth, and I don't deserve to live.

Needless to say, I broke down crying.

I mean, when did it become alright to start nasty, life-ruining rumors like that?

I have family on facebook who now call my house and tell my parents that they are horrible for letting me get into that kind of shit.

I have my travel hockey coach on facebook who pulled me aside before our game to tell me that if my behaviour continued, I would be kicked off the team.

I had someone throw a cliche brick at one of my windows, with a five-dollar bill taped to it, and a note saying "For your next hit".

I mean... I'm sorry if I am over-reacting, but I could never do this to someone, and I just can't help but think all these people are sick and twisted and something is wrong with their outlook on life.

I could rant about this for hours, but mybest friend told her mom the rumor, and her mom called my mom, and she believed her, so I am only allotted a certain amount of time on the computer.
January 31st, 2012 at 07:07am