What a night!

I'm actually very relieved to be home and alive tonight. Tonight I did the stupidest thing I've done in my life.
Tonight was Concert Band at the college, and I was planning to be there at about 6:40 so I have time to set up my timpani, and the rest of the percussion section, which is just habit since the other drummer is going into his mid-eighties and has trouble moving the heavy percussion and drums. I leave the house at 6:30 and everything is fine so far. I get to the expressway and am able to get pole-position which makes me happy since I would be able to get in front of all the slow drivers. Light turns green and I take off. Up ahead, the two lanes merge into one. Then at the last possible second, this guy in one of those large Ford trucks with the un-needed raised suspension, and the giant wheels (I call those kind of people Ford Compensators cause they have to have the largest vehicle to be noticed, probably because they are compensating for something *cough**cough*) decides to cut me off and almost runs himself off the road to get in front of me. "What a piece of s**t!" I think. to myself. So naturally I raise my speed to 80 mph to keep speed with the guy and shine my brights at him. Now, this is the stupid act I did: When I was approaching my turn to go towards the college, I noticed the guy was going straight. I then had the thought of telling him off, by throwing a cup of water purchased earlier to day at Wendy's. So I do it.
I start turning, and the guy bolted from his lane and starts tail-gating me. Since he had the intention to follow me, and beat me up when I parked, I started to lead him on a goose chase as long as possible. After a 15 minute chase of going through the parking lots, and the nearby neighborhood, I turn into the teachers parking lot since it's small and he would have a hard time moving about in it with his compensated truck. he actually manages to pull up to my left, and block my way out of the small lot. he starts cussing me out, and telling me to get out and fight. I just tell him he was a terrible driver, and he was a waste of my time. I roll up the window and thought of a way to get out. I start to backup, and as I thought he would, he starts backing up to block my escape, and when enough room was presented, I slammed the car into forward, and go out onto the road. I turn left towards the nearby shopping center to go back to the South parking lot, and the guy finally gives up and heads toward the North parking lot. I had never been so scared, and pissed off in my life. Since the guy was on the same campus as I was, I decided to park my car in the shopping center and walk to concert band just in case the guy decided to search the South parking lot for my car and damage it. Thankfully he didn't find the car where it was and I am still alive, and avoided a parking ticket because of where I parked.
I'm sure you can guess what I'm never going to do again, right?
-Nathan Parrott
February 1st, 2012 at 07:20am