This is love!

Seriously, this is proof that love exists.
Who says humans are the only ones with intelligence and feelings?
When I saw this, I just thought some one else must see it too.



On another note...this next part is from my last journal. I need some thing else to fill the journal with 100 words, but I also need more opinions on this. :)

Now, I want a name that sounds more on the old-fashioned, sophisticated side. A name that, the instant you hear it, will give you the impression of an attractive guy. Here are the choices...

Cade/Caden

Colton

Eben

Cohen

Colton was the first name I thought of, but when I say it out loud, it doesn't seem to match the personality of the character I want.

I like the name Cade/Caden and Eben, but I feel like there are already plenty of those. I want a unique name...

Cohen is completely foreign to me. I've never heard of such name before, but I like it.

If I was going to write this story, the main girl name, I decided, would be Basil, because I wanted a name that feels like a breath of fresh air, a name that is slightly boyish. So Basil came to be I guess.

When I went to check if Basil could be a girl's name (it's mostly boy's), I found some very interesting answer on answer.yahoo, including one that bluntly defines it, and I quote "men aint supposed to be named after seasoning", and another one says "Neither...you put it in food."

And of course I cracked up. The people on there can be pretty amusing.

So, give me your impressions and opinions. I want to hear what you think, since the writer's and reader's minds can be very different.

Or if you want to talk about writing or something, tell me how you establish and decide on names for your characters. Are there any significance or purpose?
February 2nd, 2012 at 02:35am