I have been stopped yet again

Yup my landlady's caretaker has stopped me yet again. This time she stopped me when I was leaving for work.

I got up at 7am to be to work by 8:30 am. I also have a cat who gets up with me. I got up and got ready for my day. I walked into my living room once to check the temperature outside(we've been having crazy weather here in New Jersey) and my cat followed me. I went back to my bedroom and my cat did what cat's do. She started running around a bit and i tried to get her to be quiet. My mother was also getting ready for work and she tripped and made a loud sound(which was a complete accident). I leave for work first and as I am walking down the stairs as quiet as possible the door for the downstairs apartment opened up. She told me I need to keep my cat quiet because it woke her up today and sometime last week. I said sorry and that she should talk to my mother because I had to get to work. She talked to my mother to the point that my mother was shaking most of the day because of how pissed off she was. She pretty much told my mom that we need to control the cat to not go into the living room. My cat is not a dog. I can't train her to not go into a certain room. Believe me i tried.

Then my mother apologized for the noise she made and she also said she is not getting rid of the cat because she doesn't want to break my heart. She also told the caretaker that if she doesn't stop coming to us every time is a noise that we are going to have to move to a new apartment. She was all like no no no don't move. My mom doesn't even want to turn on the vacuum because she is afraid of this woman coming to complain about the noise. My mom's also afraid to have people over because of noise issues. And also the caretaker told my mother that she was going to talk to my grandmother(because she cut's my landlady's hair) about my mother's behavior. Is she fucking serious?? My mother is almost 50 years old not 5.

This is what I have to live with. I'm afraid to leave and come home now because I don't want her stopping me. I also found out that my landlady cannot hear a fucking thing. My neighbor believes that she is getting to comfortable with being here. And I also found out the caretaker is not supposed to speak with us. Yes we can say hello to one another if we bump into one another.

I hate being here but I don't want to move. This apartment has been home to me since I was 3 years old. I've been her for over 17 years. This place was a sanctuary for me but now it feels like a prison. I'm tired of being harassed.

What should I do?? Do I go to my landlady's son and tell him that the caretaker has been speaking to and is basically harassing us?? Or do I leave it alone and wait to see how everything plays out??
February 3rd, 2012 at 06:01am