OMFG someone tried to brake into my flat!!

Okay last night I stayed at my boyfriends house then this morning I came home for therapy at about half eleven and left at about half one to pick my baby up for the weekend at mummy's. I arrived back home with Nathan at about four. Meaning that I was away from home for approximately two and a half hours.

When I am inside my flat I keep the door locked, naturally I locked it when my therapist was here and it was working fine. When I left to pick Nathan up I locked it behind me and again it was working fine.

I came back at four (ish) and I tried to unlock the door which took a bit of force to do but was manageable. I came inside with Nathan and unloaded all my bags, put Nathan in his play pen and put the pram into the storage cupboard after this I proceeded to lock my front door as usual BUT it wouldn't lock. I tried a couple of times to lock it and after failing several times I called my landlord type person and told them the problem they told me that a repairman/joiner will be out to ne within the hour.

Repair man arrived an told me that he's gonna need to take the insides away to get repaired as they are all bent and dinted. So I asked him why would they need repairing as it was only this morning they were working fine. To which he replied well we see this type of thing all the time, someone has tried to repair it and failed miserably. But no one has tried to repair it I'm only one that lives here and I don't even own a screwdriver. He then looked very sympathetic which I assumed was down to the fact that I don't own any DIY tools. So I laughed it off and said I'm a woman what do you expect and he says oh no it's not that it's, he paused so I said it's what?

That's when he dropped the bombshell on me that the only other reason it could get bent like this is if someone had tried to have a go at it. I know what this means but just to be sure about it I asked him to tell me exactly what he means by that and he said, I'm very sorry to tell you but someone has tried to brake in.

I then dumbly asked him if he was sure and he started showing me the dints and explaining the angle of it.

He left to get parts and I thought to myself wait if someone tried to brake in not only would there be dints in the metal work but there would be at least one dint in the door itself so I went and had a look and sure enough there is a damn dint in my damned door! Exactly where you would image the foot to hit if someone was to kick it!!

I can not believe it! Someone tried to brake into my flat AND during the day!!!
February 3rd, 2012 at 09:36pm