oh how things have changed, little world!

So I feel a bit pathetic by writing a journal entry I know no one will care about or even bother to read but I'm really bored right now and I'm putting off sleep because I don't feel like changing into my PJs and taking out my contact lenses.

So I was going through my journal entries just now and I read the one where I'm my 13 year old me who's having a drama trauma because I misunderstood what my momma told me. At that time, the two people I could trust in the entire world made up of 7 billion folks were my best friend Miranda and my brother Orri. When I read that line I had an urge to laugh out loud because I've really realised how much things have changed these past two years.

So I just turned 15. I live in Iceland, I'm graduating the 10th grade and starting college in about 7 1/2 months. I have made more friends these past 3 1/2 months than I have my entire life, really. I've probably done over 10 of the things I swore I would never do and I'm soon to do more. If my old friends would take a look at me now they probably wouldn't recognise the old goody two shoes they knew back in the 8th grade. It's kinda funny because the majority of them are exactly the same naive and ignorant twits, just like I used to be.

The people I once thought were basically 'sluts' and horrible people and bad friends are now my best friends. The people I thought would always be by my side now live on the other side of the world. The people I thought I would never lose touch with ignore me even on facebook when I talk to them.

I'm not an idiot anymore, or at least, I don't portray myself as one anymore. I don't give nearly as much a damn as I once did as to what people thought of me. I go to school in my pajamas, I dance like a fool in the school hallways in front of a bunch of people, and I make awful faces on stage.

I don't know why I'm writing this but I kinda just wanna have it here to look back on and talk about how much of a fool I was 'back when I was 15.'

Oh, and I'm gonna get a job, too. I'm also gonna move to England when I turn 18 and bunk in with my 2 best friends, one of which might be going to the same schools as I because we're coincidentally going to learn basically the same exact thing, except I'm gonna focus more of writing novels, not screenplays and she has it the other way around, and I'm gonna add some theatre in there.

It's around 1:30 am right now and I'm kinda tired so I guess I should go. Have fun reading this while cringing at how lonely and pathetic I am when I'm tired, bored, and hungry.
February 18th, 2012 at 02:28am