09- Heroes and Villains

Hello my beautiful reader,(Apologies this may be long)
I have gone to write this journal many times about many different things and this is what has stuck. Heroes and Villains(For those of you that didn't read the title).

It's been a weird month and i find myself constantly in mental fights with my morality and conscience. It has lead me to writing this. What is good or bad? The word good is defined as:
'That which is morally right.'
But this is were the entire idea of good and bad falls in on it's self in a never ending loop because morally is defined as:
'In relation to standards of good and bad character or conduct'
See what i mean?

If good means to be morally right and to be morally right means to a form to the standards of being good how do we truly separate life?
I'm sure I've probably bored you to death already but I'm afraid this train has decided to take the long journey to the short conclusion so onward and upward.

By that logic from before the only way to separate what is seen as acceptable is to only make what is unacceptable known, by which i mean telling people what is bad.
There is a growing belief due to new-ish research that we may actually born with basic morals hard-wired into us. I'm sure this must support some religious belief but not being religious i suppose that is a moot point. God i talk about rubbish. Oh sorry Christians. I respect everyone's opinion and will happily defend their right to say it, even if i disagree. That's another journal, another time and another version of me.

Okay, back to original point. If we know good and bad from such a young age why are we bad. Many reasons really. Some people believe it's a mental condition(kleptomania) which is when you have a need to take pointless items, the entire nature vs nurture argument(See religious comment) and that's all they have left.

It's day to day moral choices that i think are more important. It takes someone down on their luck to rob a store but it takes someone with no conscience to lie constantly(I am actually a part of this category) Don't you agree? Why isn't lying a crime? Everyone considers it wrong but you are not prosecuted for it. I think it's because the entire world is built on lies.

The main point i want to make here and the question i wish to ask are threefold: People aren't always evil, just shown as evil because that is the way we are forced to think.
Remember that true evil is not doing good, it isn't that good is not doing evil!
1.Would you really rather be the disrespected hero then the brilliant criminal?
2.Would you rather be a worried genius or a gleeful idiot?
3 What are your thoughts on my brain vomit?(This^^^^^)

Thank you and extremely well done if you got to the end of this without going into a coma, have a cookie.

I'm Tom and this was a psycho's daydream.
February 20th, 2012 at 01:09am