skinny = ugly

I'm so tired of people always obsessing over being skinny. All over the Internet, there are pictures of exposed ribs and "thigh gaps" and girls and boys who all look exactly the same, but they're still praised and popular because they're skinny. I just saw a user's icon on here that was a picture of a person who had a completely concave stomach with disgusting looking ribs hanging out. What is so good about being skinny? Most people honestly think being skinny is the best body type. Even if you say, "real women have curves", or, "big is beautiful," it's been forced into your head so much that more than likely you still believe that it's normal to be skinny and that only strange people will find fat attractive.

Even though so many people say that it's okay to be fat, it's still a lingering fact that most people honestly do prefer stick thin people, and it's only natural for people to assume that even though it's "okay" to be fat, it's still preferred to be thin. I think that's absolutely disgusting.

Being thin is gross. It doesn't matter how pretty your face is; if you're thin, I can't look at you without gagging. There is nothing attractive about a gap between your thighs or prominent bones. Having big boobs and a big ass, or just meat in general, is attractive. It may not be attractive to "everyone", and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but what kind of person only goes for skinny girls, skinny boys, and doesn't give a bigger person a chance because their personality is amazing? So many people say that looks don't matter as much as a personality in a person, but they're lying. Personality does matter to them, but only if it's a skinny person.

That's why being skinny is disgusting. Putting down thicker people because they aren't exactly like you is extremely sad. Being skinny is so typical and uniform. There's nothing interesting about it. A skinny person's body is pretty much the same as any other skinny person's. On Tumblr, people always reblog pictures of people's skinny thighs or hips or whatever, and they all look the same. And none of it is attractive.

Being skinny isn't optimal, being skinny isn't the right body type, being skinny just isn't attractive.

Of course, people can be skinny because of their genetics -- but this journal was aimed more at those who glorify skinniness and obsess over body weight and only find thick thin people attractive.

What you prefer in yourself and a person is your choice, but what makes you think your preferences are better than someone else's?
February 26th, 2012 at 12:01am