Some Thoughts...

Outline:
I. Nice to meet you!
II. We Can Be Forever
III. Future Thoughts and Conclusion

I. Nice to meet you!

Hi there~

I made a neat little outline for those who didn't really want to wade through every single thing here... maybe to what they deem relevant. So, in short, you can call me Remi. :)

I'm new here, obviously, but I have been writing for a long time. I write original stories, fanfictions based on animes, books, and some tv shows but this is one of the two times I've touched on real people fanfiction. If you click on my profile, you will see that I have one story up, which is a fanfiction with Adam Levine from Maroon 5 as the character. Anyone else a fan?~

I don't mean to sound like a fan girl, but to paraphrase Irene Adler from BBC's Sherlock Holmes, I can probably cut myself on those cheekbones.

Anyway, to keep things short and sweet here, nice to meet you all. While I am a writer, I am also a beta reader, so if anyone is up for some tough love and constructive criticism, feel free to message me. Or maybe you just want to talk to someone, feel free to drop a message~ I won't always be able to get back to ya right away, but I can darn well try.

II. We Can Be Forever

This is the title of my first story here on Mibba. I have others floating around on the net, so it's possible you may have read my work before. I generally like to use the same character name (Ruby) while alternating the last names, depending on how I'm feeling that day when I'm trying to think of the character.

No, it's not my real name. You might even consider Remi a penname as well on top of brokenxidentity.. call it a layered alias if you will. I just like to work with one name while changing up the character herself. Playing with alternate dimensions... whichever works for you.

Anyway, if you have read the story, drop a comment here or on the story itself and let me know what you think. I don't know if Mibba lets authors respond to comments, but it's a way for me to show people that I DO read their comments and not just let it slide by. If Mibba doesn't, well, be prepared for me to drop a message in your inbox to thank you for the comment!

A little about the story... I won't go into the contents too much but yes, it is about a deaf girl and Adam. It's a strange pairing - readers can't relate and there's an obvious barrier between the two. What's better than that? It's a real, albeit somewhat exaggerated and improbable, conflict. Many times I see that conflicts in fanfictions, or stories in general, are often imaginary and almost trivial. Misunderstandings happen but there's no need to avoid a guy for five years over something he said that wasn't even related to you, especially when the character in question is at an age where doing such thing would be really immature - unless emotionally justified (ie, she's suffering from some sort of depression or esteem problems that are essentially psychological or.. she's extremely prideful).

But I digress. I just like flaws in my characters and sometimes, having a potty mouth isn't one of them. It's good texture.

Anyway, before I go on a long tangent, I'll change the subject. I finally figured out how to create a layout for this story and made one. No character banner because at the moment, I'm far too lazy to make one. Maybe in the future when I get a hold of photoshop or something... but then, I don't want to get sued either, what with ACTA, PIPA, SOPA and other crazy acronyms that have to do with copyright.

I also got around to messing around with the BBCode for it as well... so this has been a very productive time for me. I hope it's visually pleasing now~

III. Future Thoughts and Conclusion

I mentioned in the latest chapter of WCBF that I am thinking of going to my website once I finish messing around with it. It's still under construction, as in, I'm messing around with the layouts and pages and uploading most of my stories there. While doing so, I had this absolutely bright idea that I'm going to go back and revise some of my finished stories because of their sophomoric tones. I started doing so... and stopped before I even touched a story because I wanted people to see how I progressed.

Or didn't progress.

Honestly, sometimes I look at my stories and wondered if I might have suffered some sort of regression in language or something because I started sounding so not eloquent anymore for the long period I stopped writing. Everything I wrote sounded awkward and not inspiring. In short, no more purple prose for me. Hah! Well, it's not a crime though, I just realized that during the time I stopped writing those type of stories, I got more modernist and that's incredibly hard to work with when writing romance. Maybe good for action and thrillers, but not romance. :P

In short, keep a look out for any announcements regarding my website. Also, I'm working on chapter two of WCBF right now, it's incredibly challenging (not) because the pace is going so slow. There are some logical kinks I had to work out in regards of how the characters are going to get to where they are without skipping any logistics or delving too much into technicalities. I mean, we may not always see the singer signing a contract but we definitely can't skip over how they got that contract, right?

Alright, so in conclusion... nice to meet you all, again. I hope you don't think I'm some rambling idiot and I swear my later posts won't be so long. I will probably gush about shows I watch, handsome male characters from books, more Adam Levine, maybe some stars and definitely some anime and game characters~ If you ever feel the need to pipe up, don't hesitate to join in on my gushing! Keep reading, if you are, my story and let me know what you think! Flames will be met with sarcasm and constructive criticisms will be met with gratitude. As for those who simply want to drop some love on the story, let's dance together!
February 26th, 2012 at 04:23pm