N.I.R.D Fest!

I got back from N.I.R.D [North Island Regional Drama] Fest at about one this morning. It was amazing. The people were amazing, the plays were amazing, and the workshops were amazing. I was tired most of the time but it was well worth it.

It was amazing to see kids from different schools and walks of life join together so well. There was even a group jam session with drums, ukeleles, guitars, and vocals which was heartwarming. The people involved preformed during a talent show and an audience member who knew the song joined in on piano. The school we went to had a mural of decades of popular music and I was happy to see a portrait of Sgt. Pepper era Beatles and David Bowie as Ziggy Stardust.

My school's play was asounding. Everyone was completly on their game and the mounths of practice payed off beautifully. In the play, the character Bill [Keith] gets beat up by Frank [Eli] and I swear I thought Keith was actually getting hurt by Eli. Apparently Eli thought so too. I may be a bit biased but the judge wasn't and he gave us the best review out of everyone. I'm really proud of everyone who worked on the show.
_

This was preformed at the talent show and the two guys playing Abbott & Costello really got me into this skit. I love it.

February 27th, 2012 at 12:36am