Dreams, They Get Our Hopes Up

Yeah dreams, they can be a wonderful thing that helps you step outside of the real world for a while. You can be something you're not without consequence, and meet people you don't know and never will. I think the best and the worst, however, is when you dream of someone you know. Some times you'll end up in a random situation with your best friends where you need to kill the magical dragon and save the princess who is actually a man and then with a dramatic twist you turn around and one of your friends is the dragon (gasp). But then there's the side to dreams where you see someone you know and something bad happens to them, but then you wake up and every thing's good again. Or my personal worst, you dream of someone you really miss. Someone whether alive or dead, whether you'll see them again or not, just someone you miss. Maybe you haven't even thought about this person for a long time, but that doesn't matter because when you wake up you still think about them. It's not something that you can shake off like a nightmare saying it's not real. Having a dream about someone who you would do just about anything to see will carry with you past the point of waking up and having the initial shock that it was a dream. Then your dreams start to make you feel a certain way, someone you dream up might not have the same intentions as the real person. Dreams can be so cool some times, but other times they feel more like nightmares after you wake up.
~Lauren
February 28th, 2012 at 12:17am