Meeting Allstar Weekend on Their Bus and the Concert

Feb. 26, 2012

Meeting Allstar Weekend!:

So this guy named Ricky, who works for Allstar Weekend, mainly dealing with fan thing, from what I saw, took us to see Allstar Weekend on their bus. We had to go through a bunch of stairs, but it was worth it. When we were walking down the stairs to the underground parking lot there was a little hole where people in line(if they were at a certain part) could see down in, so Simone and I are walking to get to the bus only to hear Sam and Shealynn yell at us trying to say hi.

There were four other girls with us (us as in Simone and I) as well who were nice. When we got onto their bus I hugged Zach before sitting down. Then when I sat down I realized I forgot to record the Allstar game so I accidentally said out loud, “Oh shit I forgot to record the allstar game.” I wasn’t sure if the girls knew about the game, or if the guys knew it was today since they know less about basketball then I know about nuclear physics. Then Zach said, “Is that why your shoes say Allstar Weekend?” so I told him shyly that no the shoes say Allstar Weekend for them, and that Simone did it for me.

The guys then saw the pin I made Simone that says, “I’m too old for this shit!” Cameron started to read the pin, but she wouldn’t say shit so he said sh followed by some mumbled gibberish, but Zach said it outloud.

The guys kept joking that there were unicorns in the bus, and Simone kept saying Michael looked tired, when he replied he was actually hyper. Cameron then later claimed that Michael was trying not to let the unicorn out :P

There was beer in the front of the bus so we somehow got on the conversation of alcohol, and it turns out that Cameron thinks beer tastes gross like I do, Michael doesn’t drink, and Zach doesn’t like all kinds of beer, doesn’t like to get drunk, and only drinks it for the taste.
Michael was drumming on his leg so I asked him if all drummers drum everywhere because my brother plays drums and he does it all the time, he even drums on me. He told me that he used to, but he stopped because he found out it was annoying.

I remembered I wanted Michael to talk to Celine so I asked him if he would and he said yes, so he called Celine only to find a confused Celine pick up the phone and say “Hey this is Michael from Allstar Weekend.” She talked with Michael and then I passed the phone to Cameron who said, “You should be here.” Only to have me say don’t make her feel bad she has to watch her brother. Cameron then told Celine I’m gonna go your friend is making me feel bad. Then I passed the phone to Zach only to have him say forms of hello a bunch of times in different voices, then Celine being silly with her phone accidentally hung up, but Zach just said the call was lost.

Cameron let us take a tour of the rest of the bus we weren’t sitting in.
The bus goes like this:
Driving area which can be separated from the next area by a door if the band or driver chooses to do so. Then there was a sitting room, a table, and the closest thing you will ever get to a kitchen on a tour bus. Above that whole area there was a mirror. Then there was another door you could use to separate the sitting room with the kitchen from the bunks. The bunks are smaller than the size of regular beds, but have fold away screens on the “ceiling” of each specific bunk. Then there was another door separating that room from the back room which was just a bunch of couches and where the guys record if they want to record on tour.

Then the guys apologized for the messiness of the bus, but I said it was pretty clean for four guys, then corrected myself and said three, because Nathan is no longer in the band. Zach told me there are eight guys which only had me more impressed. Cameron asked me why I was surprised so I told them I have two older brother who were a little older than him, which is why I was surprised. Zach said he was clean, but I told him is bunk wasn’t. Then he tried to be all smart and say how do you know which bunk is mine, so I told him it had a Bruce Springsteen poster. Then he claimed it was someone else’s bunk, but I doubt it.

Zach thought it would be funny to pretend there was a rat on the bus so he said oh rat, but it was clear he was kidding. I told him that if he was serious I would freak out. So then he said what if I picked up the rat and started eating it raw, while making some gestures pretending picking up a rat by our feet and pretending to eat it. Then he said yum want some while gesturing in my direction before pretending to eat the rat again.

I asked them if they ever had eaten Arabic food and they said no so I told them they have to get some. Zach asked if Arabic food was spicy so I told him no before Simone asked if they liked spicy food. They said they did and love Indian food especially in the UK.

Then Ricky told them they had to leave for sound check, but we asked if we could take pictures first. The guys of course agreed and then we took pictures, Ricky took one of the ceiling without us knowing. Then one with our glasses on, and one with them off. The picture without our glasses Cameron put his head on top of Simone’s to utmost displeasure. Then all the guys signed my tee-shirt, then Simone’s. After that Simone asked Zach to kiss my cheek while she took a picture. He didn’t actually kiss my cheek, his nose was simply touching my cheek, but hey I’m not gonna complain when Zach Porter’s face is touching mine.

Then we walked with the guys to the stage. Michael has a box of tissues because of allergies, and Zach has his phone and a bag that looked like a make-up bag. Simone make a joke about it, and Zach said it really held something else to which Simone said, that’s what Michael Jackson said.

When we were walking up the stairs Zach was texting so Simone told him something along the line of you’re gonna fall. He said he would be fine. To which Simone responded if you fall I’m gonna make sure you’re ok and then laugh. I told he I was just gonna laugh, though in reality I would probably freak out and make sure he was ok.

Then we left while the boys did their sound check while we got our tickets.

Then we waited outside in the regular line waiting to be let back inside. When we were inside we were one of the last people allowed in the mosh area, so we were in the back. Simone got us some water and we were ready for the concert to begin. Shay was ready to shove her way to the front, and that is what we did. I was holding onto Shay, and my arm got caught in between people a couple of times for long periods of time, to put it lightly my arm almost suffocated. But we made it to about the second row, more or less. On the way, however, we did meet this girl and her mom. They were nice, and we moved them up with us before they decided to leave and find their actual seats in the balcony. Simone, however, was really pissed at this one girl who was suffocating my arm so she kept asking if she could put gum in her hair, I kept telling her no, so she said, its gum, or I’m going to poke her with the pin. I said poke her with the pin it isn’t as bad, but Simone didn’t listen and she put a tiny piece of hair in the girls hair. The girl found it later and was confused.

When Allstar Weekend started they spun the wheel twice to pick a song. The first time it landed on Sorry… which made Simone, Sheaylnn, Sam, and ,myself very happy because we all love that song a lot. Then they spun the wheel again and it landed on Journey, but Zach didn’t want to sing it so he kept spinning the wheel until the crowd yelled the loudest on a song he was willing to sing, which was oh my gosh Dillon you got a haircut. Zach brought people up on stage, as well as his dad. He tried to keep his dad with him, but his dad went to the back, and once the song started he left. The crowd kept yelling at the guys to “take it off take if off” But they wouldn’t do it because Zach said his parents were in the crowd, Cameron said that his sister was in the crowd, and his Grandma was going to youtube it later. During “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” Zach decided to crowd surf. Then when you looked at him he had about three or four arms on each arm and let and about ten or so hands on his butt. It was funny. I gave Cameron a sign that means, if I’m not mistaken I really love you in sign language. It is a regular I love you sign, except you cross your point and middle finger. Cameron saw it, was confused and gave me a really confused face… it was cute! Then their last song “Not Your Birthday” was when the floor got scary. The mosh floor at the House of Blues tends to bend and go down, similar to a trampoline, now it was never too bad, but during the first chorus of NYB it felt as if it bent down a foot, although I’m sure that is an exaggeration. It was scary.

After the concert we got some fluids, and then Sam and I had to use the restroom and we couldn’t hold it so we went only not to be able to buy any merch because they were kicking us out, I was so depressed, and I still am to be honest (however my mom is AMAZING and is letting me get some over the internet). So then we got outside and saw where the bus was through this metal railing almost that looked into the parking lot. We got to wave hi to by Brent. Simone kept threatening to jump down and even started to step out.
February 28th, 2012 at 04:45am