Apparently, I am "silently hostile"

I feel ambushed. My roommates just came into my room together and... I want to say that they ganged up on me. They're closer to one another than I am to either anymore. We used to all be really close, but I am easily frustrated and so instead of dealing with my issues I have stayed in my room and buried myself in school work and other distracting, mind-numbing things. My mom should be so proud.

Image

Anyways, a week ago I cleaned out our fridge. I was the only one home, and I found a lot of mouldy food on their shelves. So mouldy that I didn't even bother waiting for them to deal with it. I threw it out. But they've been using my containers, so I left them a note before I left asking them to clean out their leftovers more often so they don't ruin my things. Then I left for a week.

Image

Tonight, they came into my room with a brightly coloured piece of paper that is absolutely covered in writing. Apparently, it is a cleaning list. Neither of them has cleaned once since they moved in in September. Now when I finally speak up about it, they decide that I haven't been doing a good enough job. Not to mention that I bought all the cleaning supplies. And one of the girls just learned a month ago where to put the trash when she takes it out. Which means she hadn't taken it out once even though she'd lived here for months.

Image

They told me that they wanted to make things fair, so that maybe I would stop being so "silently hostile" toward them. I got back on Sunday, and one of them refused to talk to me since then (I really tried. I asked how her reading week was, and she gave me a look and said "busy" and then walked away. She also slammed the door in my face today when we were both leaving for school), and the other one just came back today. I have not had time to be hostile to them. I had to read over half of a novel last night for school, so I was in my room all day. They had every opportunity to talk out their problems with me. And even if I am grumpier than normal, they have both known me for at least six years. At least. They are aware that I have a short fuse and a bad temper. They are aware that I have to work hard to keep that under control. They should be happy that I haven't lost my mind and screamed at them yet.

Image

I always feel like they have such a double standard against me. Like things are acceptable as long as it's one of those two doing it, but if I did the same I would be crucified. Ugh. And the one that slammed the door in my face? In the last month, she has told me that she's moving out, then changed her mind and was staying another year, then today after this little group meeting she told me again that she's moving out. I can't take it. I'm giving my notice with the landlords, cleaning out all of my stuff (which would literally leave them with nothing but their beds. They own NOTHING in this house and treat it with no respect), and finding a bachelor apartment. I need to be alone, and I can't do that here. Even when I'm in my room playing my guitar or something else that's mildly therepeutic, they barge in without knocking. WHAT IF I HAD BEEN NAKED????

Image

So yeah... that's my frustrated rant of the day. If you read it, you deserve some credit. Hugs all around!

Image
February 29th, 2012 at 06:34am