That was the furthest thing from romantic || AHS season 2

Last night I went out with some friends. It was my guy friend's little sister's birthday, so it was pretty much just three of us hanging out with a bunch of younger kids that I had never met. It started off really good; I was having a really fun time and I was happy. Then, all of a sudden, my ex (who now lives with my sister... weird) approaches. I stayed friends with him, so it was still okay. For awhile.

I was at the bar getting a drink, when some random guy offered to buy it for me. I'm a poor university student. Of course I accepted. It's not like it has to mean anything if a guy buys you a drink. Out of nowhere, the ex pops up and comes to talk to me. Somehow, this resulted in him trying to fight the random guy who bought me a drink. I was literally standing between them, trying to talk him down.

I thought I convinced him to back off, so I pushed him away from the stranger and made him go back to our small group of friends. Instead of listening to me, he got a couple of his friends to back him up and set off in search of the stranger again. I once again found myself trying to talk him out of it. I told him that I didn't care about whatever the guy had said, and that it wasn't worth getting into a fight with a guy who he could so easily overpower (my ex is also a correctional officer, so he knows more than a few ways to incapacitate someone), and that he should just go home. He agreed, and told me that he would leave. I saw him lurking a few more times after, but he never actually got into the fight.

I don't get it. We are not together, and we haven't been for awhile. He's seeing another girl. There is no reason for him to be territorial or try and beat someone up for me. It was stupid, and it made me angry. There is absolutely nothing sexy about guys fighting over you. I have never actually seen it happen in real life, let alone imagined that it would happen to me. My guy friend turned to me after and said "your chances of hooking up with him tonight are about 3000%" He doesn't know that we dated, because it was before I knew this particular friend. But why would I want to hook up with him? Why would I reward him for scaring the hell out of me and being a moron?

And my one friend wouldn't shut up about it today, saying that it was so cool and that she wished it would happen to her and that she didn't know why I was upset. There is no reason to be jealous of something so idiotic. I don't even know what to say to him now. I have no idea how to breach the subject and try and figure out what was going through his head. Maybe I just don't want to know.

Image

Enough about my weird personal drama. There is big news today! For those of you who don't watch American Horror Story, or for those of you who want to know nothing about season two before it airs, you need not read any further. Five cast members from season one have been confirmed as returning for season two. I'm sad that they'll be playing different characters, but I couldn't be happier about the actors returning.

Image

First, there is Jessica Lange. Apparently most of the plot revolves around her character next season. She is brilliant.

Image

Zachary Quinto is also returning, and is rumored to have a leading role as well. I detested his character in season one, but I think he's a great actor.

Image

Next, there is Sarah Paulson, who played Bille Dean. I didn't see enough of her last season for her to really make a solid impact, so it will be interesting to see where she progresses to next season.

Image

Lily Rabe is also returning. I didn't like the character of Nora, but I seem to be outnumbered on that front. Regardless, she seems to be a talented woman and I can't wait to see what kind of character she becomes.

Image

And finally, the reason that I actually freaked out in happiness, Evan Peters is returning. My God. I have seen him in a lot of things, but he has never blown me away quite as much as in his role of Tate Langdon. This guy is amazing.

Image
Image
Image

I can't wait for season two to start!
March 3rd, 2012 at 11:36pm