Allowing myself to be a stupid teenage girl for 15 min

So, do you choose who you love? Really, is it possible to choose exactly who your going to love? Right now, I'd love to be able to choose. Funny... it doesn't work that way.

So what's your love story? Mutual friends? Best friends first? Same class? Same school? Oh that's nice. How long did it last? Only a week? A month? Wow, a year? That's a long time. I'm so sick of hearing/reading all these romantic stories that are not based in any truth at all. People who magically get the perfect person. The perfect guy or girl who just happens to have no flaws, or if there is they somehow magically just get over them. If they fight their either tiny little fights or big enough that they break-up until they can't stand it and run back to eachother. What about the one's who don't run back?

So the question is this, if we don't choose who we love? Who or what does? What if there isn't a choice, you love someone, but they have 'chosen' someone else. What to do there? Why do people torture themselves in this regard? Make up the perfect love story fantasy and try to live it only to see it failed. Maybe watch carefully and far to attentively as the person you love is with another person. Happy that their happy, but still putting yourself in pain to make sure they are.

So, I guess now is where I admit why I'm pondering all of this. Maybe by now I should mention something about the boy I'm so helplessly in love with and really don't want to be. Something about how he's completely not perfect and maybe an opposite to me, but I love him. How he should know, but doesn't. Perhaps even add that everyone sees it. Sees that the two of us together would be good. I could make him 'decent' and I know he makes me happy. Yet, he dreams of a girl way up north yonder. An online relationship with someone in a whole other country. By now I should say something about how badly I want to message this girl and tell her lucky she is, but I never can get myself to. It seems like a bad idea. Not to mention I wouldn't know what to say. I never seem to know what to say... So, what's your love story?
March 8th, 2012 at 08:00am