Don't Like 70's - 90's Bands..

I get told by many that I don't have real taste in music or that I don't know real music if I don't like any of the bands that were around in that time. I hate this perception that there is no "real" music today, when there actually is.

One of the reasons I probably don't like bands from that time is one, I'm not a big fan of metal or rock. Artists similar to The Beatles bore me and seem a bit overrated. Sure, they have good lyrics, but their songs came off as flat to me. People don't listen to music solely for lyrics, right? I typically don't even listen to American music for that matter... I enjoy Japanese pop for a large part and electronica.

I think I may just have an issue with the past. I don't like old literature, such as Romeo and Juliet, I don't like old music, I don't like old movies [except for Disney], I just don't like it.. I look forward to what the future has in store.

Yeah, so, I just made this because I was tired of being told I have no real taste if I don't like classical things such as those.

Questions~
1. You like old bands?
2. What's your view on the topic?
3. Do you think that this would be considered "bad taste?"
March 10th, 2012 at 08:17pm