When I’m a Mom (hypocrisy)

You hypocritepogriff!
Image

---

I have so many issues with my mom. SO MANY. It’s not even just teenage angst because, well, I’m not a teenager anymore. And this started pretty long ago.

I had a sort of nanny and she took care of me most of the time when I was younger. I don’t really remember this but I’ve been told that in those days, there were times when I would cry when my mom held me because I wasn’t familiar with her. I was more familiar with my nanny.

A few years after that, I was turning into most other kids who don’t cry when their moms hold them. Anyway, when I was about four, I told my mom that I liked Dad better than I liked her. She was upset and I could sense it. I didn’t mean to make her upset. I was just stating a fact. I used to sleep in their room in those days, but after that revelation I felt weird and slept in my own room. So those are some bad beginnings.

The subtitle of this journal entry is “hypocrisy” because the one thing I’m really scared of is turning into my mother. I DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN. I don’t want to complain and complain about my mother and her parenting methods and then one day do what she’s doing. I don’t want to be a hypocrite!

That’s why I’m doing this series of journals thing, so that I can keep track of what I don’t like and apply it when I’m a mom. It’s a record of my thoughts and opinions as a daughter which I will not forget when I’m a mom. I originally wanted to post this a blog, as in on a blog website like wordpress.com or blogger.com but I never visit those sites and the blogs I’ve tried to put up in them just kind of fizzle out because I don’t visit them. But I regularly go on mibba, so I’ll post them here.

I really hope this will work and that I’ll look at this in the years beyond 2017(?????) and actually apply them to my own kid/s.

These are the topics on the top of my head that I want to write/rant about. I probably won’t write them in order. I’m sure I’ll probably add some now and then.

Alarm clocks | Grudges | Forced affection | Permissive | Sleepovers | Career | Encouraging | Open talks | Open mind | People are important, not things or money | No “mother knows best” | One-on-one dates | Boyfriends/girlfriends | “The talk” | No unsure promises | Open house to friends | Health and exercise | Ballet lessons | Equality-feminist | No lies | Favoritism | Sibling relationship | “Because you’re the eldest/youngest/middle child” | Backbiting | No spoiling

What do you guys think about this idea? Suggestions or critiques or anything?
March 16th, 2012 at 12:08pm