Really need some advice guys and maybe a good let down line?

Right this is a rant/advice journal. I really need some help.

I knew this guy about 4 years ago really really liked me and I liked him back but he was very heavy on the booze and he when he was drunk he was a twat. I told him back then many times if he stopped the boozing and asked me out we would get together. Then a lot of shit happened with me (like going into hospital) and we didn't talk for ages. Then like four weeks ago we started talking again.

He seemed like the exact same guy only without the booze and he wants to desperately find a job and move out of his mums house we get along like a house on fire and we like the same stuff (like films and movies) at this stage he was ticking all the right boxes then he actually managed to pick up the balls to ask me out. So I said yes. Fantastic. Couldn't be better. (this was four days ago)

Since then it has been one thing after another after another, I will give you some examples and I will try not to get to carried away.

Example One
I have at my home this really smart antique table (I love old furniture :D) and he has this disgusting habit of putting his feet up on it (and not just feet but feet with shoes on, dirty shoes that have been outside) I have told him several times to take his feet of the table, ranging from at first asking nicely
"Babe can you take your feet of the table please it's very special to me"
After about a hundred times off this I changed it to
"Babe take your feet of the table"
Then
"Take your feet of my table"
Then last night it got really bad, I had some of my friends over and as usual I had asked him thousands of times to take his feet of the table and he was starting to embarrass me so I ended it by saying
"Take your fucking feet of my fucking table"
To which he laughed so I punched him. Anyone on here who knows me knows I am not a violent person like this.

Example Two
We came up with this deal, he cannot roll cigarettes so I said I will roll his fags and he makes the brews. Which is all fine and dandy, works quite well. But after he has made a brew he leaves everything all over the sides, like spilt milk and sugar etc. This is another thing I have told him thousands of times.
"Can you wipe the sides after you've finished"
He said yeah but never has, not once!

Example Three
We use filter tips in our cigarettes it is healthier. They come in little plastic sleeve things. He takes them out of the sleeve things so he can put them in a bag for easier access. This makes sense and is quite a good idea but he leaves the stupid fucking plastic things lying all over the floor. I have told him time and time again that if my son picks one of these up and eats one he will choke (he is only young) and yet he still leaves them on the fucking floor.

Example Four
On the topic of my son. He is afraid of the dark so I leave the light on in the hallway so he if he wakes up in the night he can see and not get scared. He keeps turning the light off! This makes me really mad and I swear to god if he does it again he will fucking die.

Example Five
I saw a spider about an hour ago (again anyone who knows me knows how scared I am off creepy crawlies) so I jump half a mile and ask him to get it for me and he just laughs and says can't believe you are scared of spiders.

Example Six
Everything that happens or gets talked about has to be about him. Like when I pick my son up from daddy's as to be expected as soon as I get him home I get him out of the pram and give him loads of attention and cuddles and say things like "Hello baby! Mummy's missed you" and on Friday when I picked him up and did all these things he decides to speak up and say
"Well at least someone around here gets some attention"
But he said it in a really really bitchy way.

Example Seven
He is too touchy feely. I am not a touchy person unless I am with the right person. For some reason I just don't want him to touch me and it's like he wants to hold me every second of every day. Then he wakes until I am really fucking tired, as soon as he sees my eyes closing he starts making advances and I end up saying, No, I am really tired then he gets in a mood.

Anyway enough of the examples, I could go on forever, and as I type this more and more are cropping up like just now he is actually begging me to come and sit next to him even though I've just told him I am working (which I kind of am, after I have wrote this I'm gonna be doing more work on my latest book) which is another thing I haven't been able to do any work cause he that demanding of my attention.

I feel like I'm his mum!!!

Anyway (sorry went of again), my predicament, is that I can't break up with him.
Why?
Cause I would feel like a proper bitch. I mean he has waited like four years to get in a relationship with me and because of my stupid assumptions he has finally got what he has wanted for quite a while also he seems pretty smitten with me, he nearly said I love you yesterday and probably would of done if I hadn't of said simply, don't.
Plus his mum loves me, always has. In the past whenever we were alone together one of the first thing she'd say is you should get with him, he would be really good for you. Now that we are 'together' all she says is, I am so happy you are finally with him, he couldn't be happier, it's about time he found a decent girl plus his dad loves me and pretty much does the same as his mum, only difference is he will say it once and let it go she will say it once and then once more and then once more etc.

I don't know what to do!!

I've thought about saying, well, sorry but I think I rushed into things and I think we work better as friends.
I've thought about telling him straight that it just wont work.
I've thought about loads of things.

But I know what he is like and I know that so far everything I have thought about he will take the wrong way and will automatically think, oh wait, that means she isn't ready for anything right now, I will prove myself to her.

Help me, PLEASE!
March 18th, 2012 at 12:53am