Tip-toeing around your 'problematic' family members (Warning, I cuss. If you don't like it, don't read this.)

I usually don't like to complain about my sister, because honestly, she's the closest person in the world to me and I would gladly give my life for her,
But my GOD she can be a bitch.

So in the last few months, I've been BEGGING my parents to let me go to Ghana or Costa Rica on a volunteer abroad program (it's a long story), but every single time my sister just laughs and says, "Yeah right Sarah. Why would they pay for you to go to another country when you could get community service hours done here?"
So I snapped and said, "Becca, I'm not like you. I'm taking 8 classes this semester, and I have to worry about graduating from high school just because I don't have enough PE credits. So leave me the fuck alone, you only have to go to school for 4 hours and you have all the time in the world to do 'community service'."
Of course, this is the wrong thing to say, because she's only at school for 4 hours because she tried to commit suicide last October and now she sees a therapist and all that. And she told me half as much.

But-- and I hate to sound like a bitch, but right now I'm feeling like one, so I'm just going to say what's on my mind-- I'm sick and tired of tip-toeing around her whenever she's about to play the "I committed suicide" card. Yes, I know she actually does have problems, but what does she think I'm going through? I'm under a lot of stress too. I've contemplated suicide too, except I hung on to the thought that Becca would be devastated if I tried anything, and that if I happened to survive, I'd literally ruin my future.

I mean, it's not like I'm being insensitive like our dad and being all, "You're just being a brat." I get that she's depressed and needs help. But you know what? If she thinks that that's justification for her to mock and belittle me, then she can just fuck herself because she's not the only one with problems in this family.

I don't know. Do I actually make a case here, or should someone slap me in the face for not understanding her feelings or whatever. Let me know. I'm open to anything, even hate comments.
March 19th, 2012 at 06:27am