I'll probably get a long speech about this but I need advice

I had a pretty good life at school growing up. I was popular. I had tons of friends. I was that Queen Bee chick who told everybody what to do. (this is from pre-k to 5th grade). Now you're probably like, "This chick is so stupid. Elementary school? Popularity?"

We can all admit that we were classified by Elementary school. Sure, everybody was friends and knew each other, but there was still the prominent kids who had the popular parents in town and were just all around POPULAR kids. I even had the popular big brother. Don't worry, he was in high school.

I guess it doesn't really matter because that was at a time in most kids life that doesn't really matter. You're not really "finding who you are" at such a young age.

Well I was.

I was the most judgmental brat you would ever meet. I was spoiled. When I didn't get what i wanted, there was trouble. You did what I said, or I made your life at school hell. AND THIS WAS ELEMENTARY school okay? I was awful. I was a bully.

That's until the girl who practically owned us moved. I was okay after that. I toned way down and actually was friends with everyone.

This all really has nothing to do with what I'm talking about here. So what you just read was rather pointless.

In fifth grade, this awful kid who'd been held back 4 times and who punched kids randomly told everyone in my class that I had "dumbo ears". Everyone laughed and I brushed it off. I knew my ears were fine. This continued to such an extent that I didn't even come to school some days. My mother even had to visit with the principal.

I looked in the mirror with my hair up, and realized that I DO have large ears. I'd never noticed. I wore my hair up all the time though. I'd NEVER noticed this and died a little inside. It sounds drastic, but I guess you can't even comprehend the amount of teasing and name callings I endured. Most are so bad my parents don't even know about them. (keep in mind that it doens't matter what you say to me, I'm so sensitive, it's dumb.) I know people have endured much worse, but hey, I was a kid.

I moved to Georgia in sixth grade and have not worn my hair up since. I tease my hair every morning to cover my ears, and make sure I have lonnnnngg hair. It's crazy the lengths I go to. (hahaha pun).

I'm a freshman in highschool now and still continue with this whole ear hiding thing. Sometimes the poke out form my hair and people comment. I usually have to force back tears.

I'm looking at a surgery called otoplasty. I discovered a bunch of people actually have the same problem. I hear it's painful, but I have never wanted anything this bad. This is so, so, so important to me. I would take this surgery over a freaking car.

My parents don't understand though. They're on the whole, "You don't need to change yourself blah." but yet they want me to get skin graphed to cover up three nasty scars I have from a past wreck? I just don't know what I could say to them to stress how bad I really want this.

I have awful self confidence because of this. I feel like all areas of my life would improve because of this, which sounds stupid, but so what? I feel like I would be pretty, IF it wasn't for my ears.

Helpppppp. Give me advice. Yell at me. GO!
March 21st, 2012 at 05:19am