the smile

do you know? how could you know? people who say they can relate are the ones who been through nothing or less than the same. well for the most part. have you ever had so many bad things happen to you at once that a smile and laughter doesn't mean your happy? the smile and laughter justifies the broken girl that is hiding years or pain, tears, and hurt. this smile is fake. they said that you can see if a person is faking a smile or not through their eyes. people must really suck because i fake my smile everyday and no one notices it. they say i got a mile wide smile that could make a weak person strong. i doubt it. they say my smile is pretty i doubt it. though this smile maybe many things the one thing no ever notices is how every time i smile i almost cry. faking the smile doesnt work anymore. this smile that brightens tons of peoples day, this smile is the one that makes people smile back is broken. not hurt, not happiness but broken. broken from pain. broken from years of being brought down and still til this day is constantly told she isnt worth anything . this smile that will soon surely fade the non expressioned face used in the military. yes this face that seen some happiness and most gloom is seeing the world for as it is, not the lie told by our political over lords as you will. this face will see war, this face will see death and yes this face, my face will see a brighter day when i can look into my child's eyes and know that there is a such thing as joy. but for now this oblique smile will be plastered on my face for the world to see. this oblique smile shall be fake but shall brighten someones day, this smile is mine and yes it is fake.
March 24th, 2012 at 05:19am