Taking a Break

I am so sorry for not writing lately. I’ve been slowed down from having the flu, and the medicine and sleep deprivation didn’t help, but that’s not why I’ve stopped.

You see, I have finally gotten an idea for a novel. This rarely happens, so I’m understandably excited over the prospect and working out how everything is going to work.

While this in itself would be enough to divert my attention, there’s another reason I will be taking an extended break: I am going to self-publish and prove to my mother that I can be an author.

So, as you can see, a bit of my pride is on the line here. I can’t just ignore this chance to prove that I have the talent to become a successful author, so I have to push my fanfiction to the side. Though I have fallen in love with ‘When Waves Meet The Sand’, and my Batman/Avatar fangirl will always be with ‘Destiny’s Justice’, I’m putting everything on hold to prove myself.

I’ll understand if some of you are upset by this, and I deserve every complaint. Unfortunately, this won’t change my mind-I will be working on my original project either way.

This doesn’t mean I won’t be sharing the process with you! You guys have stuck with me for the last eight years, and your support is definitely something I need right now. I’ll put up my progress, and any ideas or criticisms are welcome! I hope to do well, and I hope you all enjoy the finished product!

Sincerely,
CreativityLover312
March 25th, 2012 at 04:13pm